Let Me Down Slowly : 몰랐어 (I Didn't Know)

Summary :

Now that Riki's grown up, he needs to take responsibility for his actions.

Jay's probably more anxious to face Riki's father more than his son is after he stormed out but he refuses to let it faze him.

Sunghoon accompanies them but he can't help but remember the times he drove his best friend to and from the house.

Korean
English
Japanese

_★彡

Jay's eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the entrance of the large house. He sat in the passenger's seat, beside Sunghoon.

It felt like Deja vu for all three of them.

Sunghoon probably hated the feeling as much as the other two.

He hated the wave of worry that washed over his body as he remembered driving to this location. He remembered the confusion he felt, just over four years ago when he got a message from Jay to wait for him outside. It was so sudden, especially since it was in the middle of the night.

_★彡

Sunghoon felt at ease once the older came into view, at least he'd known he was okay, but worry had settled once more when the then thirteen year-old Riki came out of the same door whilst he clung to Jay's waist, tears pooled in his eyes and harsh wobbly sobs released from his mouth.

Jay's face was serious as he led the boy into the back seat of Sunghoon's old large car.

"Ki baby, I need you to calm down for me, okay?", he'd heard him whisper to the boy, "everything's going to be okay, I just have to go back in for a bit"

"No!", he squeaked out, his puberty stricken voice cracked.

"Sunghoon, please come here", he'd asked, having not looked at him yet. Sunghoon complied as he opened the door to the other side to climb in.

"Hold him..tight", at first he was confused until he saw him slowly letting go so his grip on the boy tightened, he screamed.

"Daddy!"

"Ki, I'm coming back", the young male thrashed in his hold for a while until he relaxed.

Jay came back with a load of bags. Behind him was the head house keeper of the residence, she was a happy and kind woman, he'd always felt at ease with how reassuring she was, but not that day.

That day her face was covered in gloom, she looked as if she had lost something important to her. It took him a while to fully understand what was happening, and it only clicked when the boot of his car was being closed.

Jay bowed politely towards the lady before he searched through his pockets to take out a pair of keys.

"I won't be needing these anymore", he'd offered a forced smile.

"Sir, i-"

"I want to thank you for taking care of my son and I for a very long time", he stopped her, "You've been so good to me. I hope you continue your work without any disturbances-"

"-sir"

"I'm afraid we have to leave before he comes back but thank you still"

Jay didn't give her a second glance as he made it back to the seat. They placed Riki across the seats so he could partially be comfortable as he lay down.