Let Me Down Slowly : Just The Two of Us?

Summary:

Riki had a reason for not wanting to see his father.

(this is before "I'm Just Trying To Understand")

_★彡

Jay hesitated, his fingers shook slightly as they hovered over the keypad of his phone. He took too long to reply before he swallowed a lump in his throat and finally typed.

Lee Heeseung.

Hey Jay!
How have you been?
I know it's so sudden and
he's been busy with school
but I was wondering if you
could bring him by
He hasn't slept over in a while
I miss him

I'll drop him off at four.

"Ki, come on, I have to go back to work", Jay yelled from the end of the stairs.

He heard no reply so he sighed and made it up. He knocked on the door, opened it and found Riki on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

"Ki, what are you still doing there, come on, I don't wanna be late"

"I'm not going"

"But I already told him that I'm dropping you off"

"Tell him you can't anymore then, I'm busy with school"

"But you aren't busy with school"

"I don't care, he doesn't have to know that"

Jay narrowed his eyes and sat down next to him. He reached out his hands and struggled for a bit to lift him up so he could sit.

"This is so unfair", he whined, "we're eating the same thing but your bigger than me", Riki snorted

"You're now as tall as your appa", and that had him frowning. Jay finally knew.

"Now tell me, what's up?"

"Nothing, I'm good"

"Why are you avoiding him"

"Who? I'm not avoiding anyone"

"Hun, I know when you're lying. Your appa misses you but you haven't been talking to him"

Riki sighed.

"I don't wanna leave you alone too long"

"Really, you sure that's what it is?"

"Yeah, Sunghoonie-hyung is always telling me about how sad you get when I'm not around"

"I mean yeah, I do but that's cause your my favourite child!"

"I'm your only child!"

"Still..you're my son, I'll always miss you. I even miss you wen your not in the same room as me. Call me clingy but that's just how it is", he poked at him, "now don't you think your appa is the same? He loves you and he doesn't get to see you as much as I do", then a thought, "gosh I'm going to suffer when you get to college"

_★彡

Jay took a deep breath once they were parked by the front of the large house. He tried not to stare at it for too long, Riki didn't need to worry even more than he already was.