7| Would You Mind?

4:30 PM

The restaurant closed 30 mins ago. On Saturdays, we only served brunch, and we were only open from 11 am -4 pm. So, we had to stay and clean off the tables, and the dishwashers did the rest.

I went to the break room to get my stuff because I was ready to get going. I put my name tag back in the bin with the rest. I stand still for a few minutes, appreciating the air conditioning before entering the scorching heat.

I went to the front. "Janet, you're on the clock all week this week," Eric told me. "Ok, I'll be here. Call me for my schedule. Bye, babe," he kissed my cheeks as I walked to the door.

"Janet! Can you drive me home?" Britney yelled while rushing from the break room. "Ok, hurry up, girl. I got places to be". Britney and I strolled to my car. She hopped in the passenger seat, and I went the opposite way.

We blasted the hottest music of the year and talked for a short time we had left together. I pulled up to Britney's apartment complex and parked. "So, are you going to ghost me again?" She joked. "No, I am taking you and the rest out tomorrow to catch up," I promised. "Now, get out; I'm in a rush," I playfully pushed her. "Ok, you don't gotta be so mean about it, but I love you."

5:00 PM ✒ Prince House

I parked a block from his house. I turn down my radio to concentrate. I drank the rest of the water from my bottle. I yanked down my mirror to see my face. I shuffled to find my makeup bag. I patted my face to get rid of sweat and reapplied my lip liner. I gathered myself and got out of the car.

I saw that he was in the same spot as yesterday. "You're late, Ms. Janet, 5 minutes late," he pointed out. "I arrived at 5 p.m; you didn't see me until 5:05 pm. But you said, "be at my house at 5 pm." so technically, I'm on time, thank you," I clarify.

He smiled and took a step toward me. "Well, it's hot out here," he grabbed my hand, "so come on, woman." He walked me inside and closed the door behind me. While locking the door, he looked me up and down.

I sat down on the couch. Prince sat before me, took my right calf in his hand, and took my heel off. He repeats the same action on the left. I watched while anticipating his next move. "I know your feet hurt after wearing these heels for 5 hours," he knew.

Prince took my right foot and began a massage where the pain was with his thumb. I whimpered, and he looked up at me with concern. "And I was correct," He did the same with my left foot, running his thumb over my ankle this time.

"How was work today?" He asked.

"It was good. I haven't had a shift in a while." Prince nodded.

"Why do you work if your family is well off? Shouldn't you be focused on school?"

"Well, I like working and getting my own money. Plus, it keeps me occupied with something besides school. I'm not the rich kid who thinks their family's money is the end all be all."

"So, you're one of those independent women?"

"No, I am a self-sufficient woman who can get her own but still needs somebody," I corrected him.

"I see you received my note and tip,"

"Yes, I did; you know you're lucky I was the one cleaning that table,"