18| Sex Fiend

Janet sobered up a little when she heard that statement. "Prince, what are you talking about?" She shifted on the bed. "What I just said," Prince snapped back. "Well, I'm not coming. I'm having fun. I need a break, Prince." She crossed her legs with sass.

"A break from what? Are you tired of me already?"

"No, it's Halloween, and I'm having fun with my friends."

"You haven't seen me in a week. I'm pretty sure your friends include seen you plenty. Why do you need to celebrate the devil's holiday anyway?" He deflected.

"Are you not tired of me? We've spent almost every week together since September 8th."

"Oh, keeping count, are we?"

"Whatever, I'm hanging up now."

"I'll be waiting, suga."

Beep.

Janet sat there. She was looking off into the window. A sudden urge to pee came to her. When she sat on the toilet, she put her face in her hands and inhaled. After flushing and wiping while washing her hands, she stared at herself.

Her eyes were red and buffy, but she found them cute. It went with her costume. She looked back at her phone and thought about Prince. Tiredness and wonder took over, so she gave in.

Prince, on the other hand, ate grapes while waiting for Janet. He knew she would give in. Love would end a woman. He liked that women gushed over him and were at his mercy. But he still had the utmost respect for them and didn't tolerate other men not doing the same. Was Janet in love with him? No. On the way? Yes.

Janet wrote a note for Angela and placed it on her bathroom door. She knew she would look at it. She was infamous for leaving messages. It was her favorite source of communication. Sneaking out was easy, but it never goes without a challenge.

"Janet, where are you going?" Amanda was near the front door. "To Prince's house," she smiled at Janet and padded. "I ain't mad at you. I would spend Halloween with my man too." She walked back into the party.

He kept his promise, and when Janet knocked on the door, it was already open. The house was dark when I stepped inside. She knew something was wrong because he wasn't outside waiting for her.

He just left his door unlocked. Candlelight was around the house, so it wasn't completely dark. The light shined on the living room doors, and they were closed.

Janet gently pulled the sliding doors, and Prince was sitting in the middle of the couch. The expression on his face was a mixture of sadness and predation. She walked in with fear; instead of sitting beside him, she sat across the room.

Prince just stared at her. His brown eyes glistened in the light. Not with the light she grew accustomed to over time. They were dark with shame and longing.

Based on their short conversation, she thought he would be in a better mood. "Nice costume," he finally said something. "Thank you." Janet took her time to observe his physical appearance.

His hair was in a durag with a bare face. He had on his usual black silk pants. Prince caught her stare and cleared his throat. "What? Used to see me done up, huh?"