Ally

It isn't my style to stop a revolt. I like to keep the ball rolling and to fully commit to a cause. Whatever people around me wanted to do was hero-ish, definitely dangerous, and something I wasn't entirely thrilled about. Everyone wanted me to stop a revolution. 

Things escalated with my father from that evening on. Russia point-blank refused to give up his room. I had to drag him out by the scruff and barricade him in his brother's room. And to believe he was nineteen. Ukraine started to ask his grandfather inane questions, Uzbekistan started to cry, Belarus picked her nails with the fork, and Kyrgystan almost fell from the top of the fridge. I eventually got a headache and barked at everyone to go to bed hungry. Maybe that way they'd learn that their behaviour was unsatisfactory. 

"The 'no dinner' applies to you as well," I growled at my father. 

He blinked slowly. "And you?" In the yellow light, he didn't look as pristine and sparkly as usual. We almost looked like father and son. 

"Thanks to your presence, yes," I gritted my teeth. "they're usually not like this."

"Well, that's your issue," He left with a haughty air, slamming the door to Russia's room behind him. I left for bed earlier than usual, as tomorrow I knew would be a hard day.

----------

I woke at five o'clock and prepared everyone breakfast. The morning was always automatic, tick, tick, tick, like a clock. I roused Russia and Ukraine, told them what they needed to do and left for work almost two hours in advance. At a quarter before six, the traffic was light, and before I knew it, I was in the main section of the city. I looked around to see any signs of change after yesterday's events. The streets were empty, but nothing was broken. There weren't many cars on the roads either. 

Maybe I am just early, I thought. My building didn't change at all. Once all my coworkers came, nobody said anything, although Papua New Guinea asked who exactly Prussia was. 

"Just an Empire," Indonesia told her, meanwhile passing out an agenda for the meeting he called. "he's been politically active these past days." 

After finishing the meeting and my side project, I felt a wave of relief pushing the submit button to send my work over to my client. I assigned my group their specific tasks and was ready to wrap up the workday. I was halfway out of my office when India stopped me. 

"Oh, you're leaving already?" she asked. 

"I was here at five before seven," I pointed out. "I got everything done and gave everyone work to do." I looked at her. "do you have a call from a new client?"

"Er, no," she shook her head. "I was wondering if I could talk to you about this thing," she whipped out a sheaf of paper and stepped into my office. I closed the door behind us.

"So?" I glanced at the folder in her hands. 

"Um, this is blank," she turned the papers over. "I was actually wondering if...ooh, this is very unprofessional...um....are you busy sometime tomorrow after your....therapy thing?"

"Not really," I thought back to my chaotic household. "Pretty much, give or take."

"Oh, would you be willing to go and..." she looked up at the ceiling. "walkwithme."

"What?" I blinked, not understanding her last word. "Oh. I mean, yes of course I would. Definetly. Yes." I smiled. 

She grinned back. "Great! Um, thank you, I mean. So, at sixteen would be fine? At Hibuscus Square park? Its very pretty there." She pursed her lips tightly. "Well, thank you. Have a good day." she hastily walked out.