Chapter 11

(Steven's POV)

The next day, the 3 of us were heading to Little Homeworld.

"Remind us again: Why are we heading to Little Homeworld to watch over Ruby? Isn't that what Sapphire kinda does?" Spinel asked as I laughed. Truth is, Pearl asked me to help Sapphire supervise Ruby. Today was Combat Class at Little Homeworld and due to a personal matter, Pearl wouldn't be able to teach.

So Ruby offered to do it and since we all knew how she could be, Pearl asked me to help supervise the class. I honestly didn't mind since Connie had yet to really see Little Homeworld due to her studies and Spinel not really being willing to check it out without me or Connie there with her. So the two of them would be with me for this.

"Pearl asked me to. She said she had a personal matter to deal with today. She won't be gone long, but still wants someone to help keep Ruby from getting carried away as an instructor. So that's why." I replied.

"Plus neither of us really have gotten to see much of Little Homeworld or the classes. So this will be fun for us too, Spinel." Connie said as Spinel giggled before stretching her arm around us both as we arrived at Little Homeworld to see Ruby and Amethyst sparring.

"Come on, Amethyst! You really gonna lose to a Ruby?" Ruby said with a laugh as Sapphire could be seen facepalming.

"I foresaw this. Ruby, please try to bear in mind that you're an instructor. You're supposed to be setting an example for the students. I'm certain taunting your opponent isn't something we need them doing..." She said as Amethyst growled.

"Nah don't even worry about it Sapphire. Let Ruby keep that same energy while I....OOF!" She exclaimed as she landed out the ring as Ruby laughed along with the other students.

"You were saying? Thanks for the help, Amethyst. Now then students. While Sapphire is right and taunting your opponent isn't the best idea, sometimes it's a good way to show you aren't intimidated. But then again, Amethyst isn't easily intimidated herself. I need a more challenging opponent....and I believe he just arrived! Hey Steven!" She called out as it was my turn to facepalm..

"Hey Ruby. Hey everyone." I said as Connie and Spinel giggled.

"And you brought your girlfriends too? Oh this is perfect! Say Steven, how about you and me have a spar? Unless you don't think you're up for it. I certainly wouldn't want to hurt my CUTIE PIE....." Ruby said, emphasizing that nickname that has embarrassed me for years as everyone laughed. Even Amethyst and Sapphire couldn't help but chuckle.

"Don't take that from her, Steven. Teach her a lesson." Connie said as her and Spinel kissed me on the cheek as I sighed and got in the ring to face Ruby. Now I HAD to.

Especially after that "Cutie Pie" shot!

"OK. The both of you ready? Please don't get carried away. Bear in mind that you're family, not enemies." Sapphire said as Ruby summoned her gauntlets and I summoned my own bubble Gauntlets. Now while I'd normally summon my shield for some early defense and some time to think of a plan of offense, I figured I'd be fine if I chose a more direct route this time.

"Begin!" Sapphire exclaimed as Ruby came right at me but I easily dodged her as we went blow for blow. Since this was a simple spar, I didn't see a need to really go all out, so I was just content on matching strikes with her, soon sending her back as she came at me yet again!

"All right then." I said as I summoned a shield and sent it right at her before summoning a row of them, keeping Ruby even further away.

(Narrator's POV)

"Wow. Steven's gotten a lot stronger since we first met. He was already strong then but now it seems like he's gotten even more so." Spinel said as she and Connie looked on as Sapphire joined them as they all watched Steven frustrate and outmaneuver Ruby.

"I think it's because he's more confident in his abilities now. When we first met years ago, he was so insecure about his powers and how to use them. I guess in a way that's how we fell in love." Connie said, remembering how she and Steven first met.

"I remember that day all too well. But now it's like he's a completely different person. He's grown up so much. You both have. Him into a fine young man and you into a fine young woman." Sapphire said with a smile as Connie blushed as Spinel looked a bit sad.

"Oh don't feel left out, Spinel." Connie said as she kissed Spinel on the cheek, causing her to giggle as Sapphire smiled just as Ruby landed outside the ring after a shot from Steven.

"Guess the teacher got Little HomeSCHOOLED." Steven said with a chuckle as Connie and Spinel rolled their eyes and kissed him as he came over to them.

"I believe that's the end of class today, wouldn't you say, Ruby?" Sapphire asked as Ruby let out a groan.

"Class dismissed." She said as everyone left.

A fun chapter with a friendly spar! See ya next chapter!

Lurkerbelow

Endie_287

Craftfury

The_Noah_Starlight

FilippoMasiero2