Chapter 14

(Narrator's POV)

The Warp Pad went off as Steven and Connie arrived back in Little Homeworld and no sooner did they arrive were they immediately wrapped in a hug with a flurry of kisses from a very worried and relieved Spinel.

"Steven! You did it! You saved Connie! Oh you're the best and strongest boyfriend ever!" The Heart Gem exclaimed as Connie went silent at the word "strongest". After what she had witnessed Steven do to Holly Blue? Strong was definitely the word to use to describe Steven. Especially if one made the mistake of making him mad like Holly Blue and Bluebird did.

The teen girl was still in shock at what she saw her boyfriend do to Holly Blue. The level of anger and outright ruthlessness he showed was just so unlike what she was used to from him. She had known Steven for years and never once did it cross her mind just what he was truly capable of if pushed hard enough.

And in all honesty? She'd be lying to herself if she said it didn't scare her. While she knew Steven would never hurt her or anyone else close to him, what about those who he didn't care for as much? After what he did to Holly Blue? Connie was now 100% certain Steven could turn a jerk like Kevin into a red mist with a single punch.

"Connie? Are you OK? You're really quiet. Did those palookas Holly Blue and Bluebird hurt you?!? I'll go after em' myself if I have to!!!" Spinel exclaimed, her fists now swelling to a large size.

"No it's not that, Spinel. Thanks to Steven, I'm fine. They didn't really do much to me. I was just bait. Plain and simple. They just used me to draw Steven to them." Connie said.

"Looks like it backfired since you're safe. I was worried about you two. If Holly Blue hurt either of you, I would have hunted her and Bluebird down." Pearl said as Steven smiled.

"Don't worry, Pearl. Connie's fine and I'm fine. Anyway, I'm gonna go take a nap." The hybrid said as he kissed both Connie and Spinel before heading back to the Temple.

Right after he left, Garnet looked at Connie and crossed her arms.

"What happened? There's more to the story here. Especially since Steven said those two words that is always an indication that something isn't right." The fusion said as Connie looked away.

"It's... nothing, Garnet. Steven saved me and that's pretty much it." The teen girl said as Spinel wrapped an arm around her.

"Connie. Listen. Be honest with me. With us. Whatever happened, if it's hurting you or Steven, then it's important. Now what happened?" She asked as Connie sighed and explained what happened and what Steven did to Holly Blue and the outright ruthlessness he showed.

After she was done explaining, the Gems and Spinel were in utter shock. Well everyone but Amethyst at least. She had a look of pure pride on her face.

"No way! Ha! That's our boy! Steven wrecked Holly Blue and he didn't even need his Pink form to do it! Ah I wish I could have seen that!!" The Purple Gem exclaimed as Pearl gave her a look before putting a hand to her temple.

"Amethyst. This is NOT good. Not good at all. This is NOT what we want Steven to do. What he did to Holly Blue...just isn't what any of us want out of him! Yes, I'm happy he saved Connie and put Holly Blue and Bluebird in their place but the way he did it...and for him to say all of that to them? It just isn't what Steven does. It's not how we raised him." The Pale Gem said as Garnet nodded.

"I have to agree. While I'm glad Steven dealt with Holly Blue, I do not want this to become a habit he develops. I don't want him to think violence should be his go-to solution to his problems." The fusion said as Amethyst gave her and Pearl a look with her hand on her hip.

"Oh come on, you two! It's Holly Blue and Bluebird! Two Gems that Steven legit hates! Who we all hate! Why does it matter if he got violent with them?" She asked.

"Because what if he does that to a human he hates like Kevin or Ronaldo? I'll take it a step further: What if he and his Dad end up arguing and Steven loses his patience? Steven could easily KILL a normal human! And what's even scarier is that I now realize he's always been capable of doing just that! Thank goodness he's a sweetheart and doesn't enjoy or want to hurt anyone, but now I know: He CAN hurt someone if he truly wants to!" Connie exclaimed as Spinel hugged her.

"Stevie won't hurt us and you know it. Besides, that's what he has us for: To love him and to keep him from ever wanting to hurt anyone. So all we gotta do is just love him like we do, Connie." The Heart Gem said as Connie kissed her and smiled.

"You're right. I...guess seeing Steven do all of that to Holly Blue really messed with me. I can't believe I was thinking like that." She said as Spinel kissed her back.

It was clear to see that as long as Steven had these two loving him, hurting someone else would be the farthest thing from his mind.

See ya next chapter!

Lurkerbelow

Endie_287

Craftfury

FilippoMasiero2

Jss2141