Chap 6 - 💜

I feel like Beomgyu is such a victim in my story, sorry for that 🥲

The next day......

~~Soobin's POV—

What a terrible atmosphere.
Beomgyu has been upset since yesterday when Yeonjun complained about his mistakes, Taehyun has been constantly daydreaming since he had a "private" talk with HueningKai, Kai would always stick to Taehyun 24/7 for god knows what reason, and Yeonjun was, . . . Well, a clown, as he always had been, from the very start.
And I was doing great, really ; my movements were getting sharper and more precise and my vocals improved. But my mind was occupied by something else : the well-being of my friends.

I'm the leader - their leader, and I should help them, find solutions, be there for the other members. But I don't know what to do - should I talk to each of them ? I'm not sure if they want to tell me what's wrong - maybe they'll deny and say « Don't worry, I'm fine. »
I mean, no, my friends are clearly not fine. It's very unusual of Taehyun to be distracted like that. Beomgyu is the mood-maker, as he said, he never sulks for no reason. As for Kai, yes he sometimes sticks to us, but not that much.

Yea, I should do something. I have to.

7am sharp, I woke up. In order to talk to each of them privately, I looked at all of their schedules. I made a plan.

So, this morning, Taehyun and HueningKai start their day at 7:30, while Yeonjun starts at 8h and Beomgyu at 8h30. So I have time to talk to the two new gums before the two idiots wake up. Perfect. Then, Beomgyu's eating dinner at 12:30, right after Yeonjun finishes eating. Kai and Taehyun eat at 11:30, so I can have a conversation with Beomgyu and no one around.
Choi Soobin, why are you so smart - apart from being amazing ?
Anybread.
Less go

I greeted the maknaes in the kitchen. « Hi Hyung ! » cheered the youngest, making some sandwich. « Hello. » said Taehyun, waiting for his breakfast to be cooked. « Why are you awake so soon? » asked Kang. « Oh, nothing. I wanted to exercise a little bit. » I lied. Taehyun only snickered.
« You, Choi Soobin, who's tired after only getting up of his bed, are telling me that you decided to exercise ? » I nodded. « Yes ! I even thought about working out someday. »

Both looked at me with a skeptical look. « Do you have a fever ? Are you okey ? » said worryingly Kai. He touched my forehead to see if it was too hot. « I'm not sick, I just thought that for once I could accompany you to the fitness room ! » I tried to give them my most convincing smile, but they didn't even budge.
Fuck, I'm bad at lying.

« Ok, if you want to. But if you die from exhaustion, don't blame me. » the second youngest simply said. Taehyun sat and ate *korean food* (any recommendations? I'm not a professional in Korean breakfasts) while Kai finished his sandwich. I was about to sit beside Taehyun, when Hyuka spat at me : « I am sitting next to him. »
I gave him a weird look but nonetheless I sat in front of Hyun. I started to eat in silence. Huening took his sandwich and got beside Taehyun, patting his back.
What the heck ?

He's literally acting like Tae is a little baby that you need to take care of and protect at all cost.
I've never seen him so protective towards someone. Not even with me, which makes me jealous, but I'll put my feelings aside and focus on why.
Why would Kai be so unnecessarily protective ?

I waited 5 minutes, and I finally decided to speak.
« Okey, so, I've noticed that Taehyun, you've been distracted for 1 week, and that you, Kai, have been worried sick about Taehyun also for 1 week. What's happening? If you don't mind to tell me? » I tried to speak as calmly as I could. HueningKai looked at Taehyun, then his sandwich, and finally he looked at me in the eyes. « Guess it can't be helped. He sighed. Taehyun, are you okay with that ?»
Taehyun only nodded.