Chap 9 - 💚

Kindly reminding you that this Beomgyu exists 😋
Also, don't be shy, leave your impressions in the comments, I'm interested in your opinion 😸

The next morning ...

~~HueningKai's POV--

Taehyun and I walked out of his bedroom. I checked on him, to see if he was still as down at heart as he was yesterday - more like this morning. Taehyun's face showed clearly how much he slept. He could barely open his eyes, they had dark eye bags under them, and plus they had a tint of sadness. Every time he blinked, it felt like he was going to fall asleep again. And he was visibly out of energy. I smiled at him, patting his back, because damn I could relate so much right now. I stayed up until 4 AM to support him.

We found Yeonjun and Soobin snoring softly in the living room, although they were sleeping in weird positions. Soobin had his head resting on the table, legs crossed and sitting on the floor, while Yeonjun was almost couching on the sofa, except for his legs that were on the table, right next to Soobin's head. Cans of beer and other alcohols were laying on the floor, table, couch, literally everywhere.

And no signs of Beomgyu.

Well, Beomgyu never wakes up first, he's always one of the last to get up.  But, it was 11 am, usually the time he gets into the kitchen to grab something to eat, and he wasn't there. I'm 100% sure he's starving that right now, and that he's experiencing one of the worst hungover of his life - we shouldn't have drank so much last night -, so what is he doing ?

However, that is none of my business, and right now I should focus on the one that needs lots of attention and love.
And that is Taehyun.
« Sit, I ordered Taehyun, I'll make breakfast for you. » He smiled weakly before sitting down and staring at the table, lost in his thoughts.

I got every ingredients ready and I started cooking porridge for him. I even made some more in case Soobin or Yeonjun would want some.
After a couple of minutes, I heard Taehyun laugh. I turned around, and saw him looking at our hyungs. « Soobin just hit his head on Yeonjun's leg, he explained. Should we wake them up before anything else happens ? »

I giggled before answering : « Nah, I think they're good. Leave them be. »
I quickly finished the porridge before pouring it into a plate and setting it in front of Tae.
« Enjoy. »
« Thank you. » He smiled before digging into the dish. « Not bad. »

Suddenly, Beomgyu bursted into the kitchen, his hair sticking in different directions, and his face wearing an exhausted expression. He didn't even spare a glance at Taehyun, who stiffened since the moment Beomgyu arrived, and took a bag of chips, before falling on the armchair. I obviously did not miss this opportunity to glare at him, which he seemed to not care at all.

Oh god, I felt a sudden urge to punch him right here and right now. But then Taehyun wouldn't like it, so I choose to annoy Beomgyu for now.

« You know, when you meet someone in the morning, you're supposed to say good morning, Beomgyu-ssi. » I snarled. No response from him.
He did that to Taehyun and still has the audacity to play dumb ? Man, I'm not letting him slip away this time.
« So, what happened yesterday ? I heard a loud bang of a door, and then someone cry. Care to explain ? »

« . . . I have nothing to say. »
I pushed all the intentions of fighting him deep inside of me, and walked into the living room. I stopped right in front of him. « Let's have a talk, shall we ? » He shrugged his shoulders and munched on his snack. I took the bag away and looked at him dead in the eyes.

« I said, let's talk. » I obligated.
« Kai, stop, it's nothing, pleaded Taehyun from his seat. I can handle that. » I growled. « That's precisely the problem. You say that you're strong enough to handle it, but in the end, You always end up crying. Don't you think I'm done with that ? Beomgyu asked you to date when he obviously doesn't like you back, then he doesn't even act like a boyfriend, and now he hurts you ! I can't — »
« Didn't you hear him ? Spat Beomgyu. It's none of your business. Shut up. »

I took a look at his face, and I almost pissed my pants.
I've never seen him as furious as at the moment.
But what is the most frightening, is that Beomgyu is right. It's none of my business. I should stop interfering.

That's what made me give up, on both trying to help Taehyun, and my love for him.

~~Yeonjun's POV—

They left us in the living room.
Soobin and I.
Just the two of us.

Beomgyu left, saying he was exhausted, Taehyun followed after him, then we heard a loud bang! of a door, and HueningKai said : "I'm checking on them" before leaving in a hurry.

What should I do ? Should I make a move ?
But we're drunk ? Well, if I mess up, Soobin will probably forget it. So why not ?

I remembered Wooyoung's words :
"That's a clear sign you have an effect on him ! Go get your man !"
I collected all the courage I needed - thanked internally Wooyoung even tho he couldn't hear me -, and opened my mouth to speak—
Soobin grabbed my arm.
« Euhm, what are you doing ? »
« Are you tired ? »
« Of course not. »
« Really ? Can you get me another beer then ? Please, I'm tired. » He said while lightly pouting.
Why is he so cute ?

« Give me a second. » I grabbed a beer for him - and also for me - and came back in the kitchen. He thanked me and took a sip. Now is the perfect time to flirt !
« I must be in a museum. »
« . . . What ? »
I cleared my throat. « I said, I must be in a museum. »
« Why ? »
« Because you're a piece of art. »
Soobin cringed very hard. « Geez. »

How am I supposed to flirt with him ?
Drunk Soobin is literally the worst person to hit on. He becomes extremely sassy, and he doesn't take compliments seriously. So I try to be as straightforward as I can, but when it comes to Choi Soobin, the situation is very complex.

I got closer to him on the couch, and put my arm over his shoulders. I brought my mouth closer to his ear and whispered. « I'm not joking, I swear. You're the most gorgeous person I've ever met. » I ended the sentence with a smirk, which didn't go unnoticed by Soobin.

He was red from ear to ear, and I took that as a sign to keep going.

« Your voice, your personality, your habits, I love everything about you. »

He hid his face behind his hands.

« Especially your cute smile and giggles, so stop hiding them, will you ? » I smiled fondly and removed his hands from his face. I gently kissed his hand. « You're my sunshine. »

Soobin finally locked eyes with me, and at that moment, soul left my body. He was embarrassed but definitely not uncomfortable, I could feel that the compliments made him feel loved, and his eyes held gratefulness and love. He was simply breathtaking. I could stare at him for hours, and get lost in his dark eyes.

« Thank you. » He kissed my cheek - Lord have mercy, why is he so cute ?!

« That's very kind of you, Hyuka. »

🫰🏼🫰🏼🫰🏼

✌🏼Hiii
I love way too much giving false hopes. Sorry not sorry
Hope you and your loved ones are doing okay, and have a good time reading !