Chapter 17

A certain uncertainty of mine is not knowing what is going to happen next in this very moment as i  ate a beignet waiting for him to at least get back at me for the little stunt that pulled on him earlier in the kitchen like the sneaky woman i was...

A certain uncertainty of mine is not knowing what is going to happen next in this very moment as i ate a beignet waiting for him to at least get back at me for the little stunt that pulled on him earlier in the kitchen like the sneaky woman i was when i did tempted him to make a move even though, I laugh in his face during him realising it was all just a trick to tease him whilst rewinding to the part in the back of my mind repeatedly hearing him swear under his breath was great learning my effect on him did work until now I was going to stop teasing then I decided where is the fun if I cannot tease him in his home and watched his face fall knowing nothing will ever come out of us because of we cannot stand or be in the same room as each other without being at each other throats for hours on end too.

Although, i was having the most wonderful day talking to Grayson's fiance Iona on the couch helping her look through a thousand of magazines to give my input on those wedding dresses pointing every one of their flaws to find the most stunning of dress for my new friend of course to make Grayson cry happy tears on their wedding cause my mum told me my dad cry on their wedding which means he really did love my mum so, the grooms will cry to shows how much he loves Iona with all his heart however, our lovely bonding time was over according to santiago as he was calling out my name for me to come stop by his office.

"For one day you cannot leave me alone, huh"I moaned , incredibly annoyed at him.

There were bags underneath his eyes as he rubbed them before preparing to wears his glasses gester at a chair for me to sit down on then i watched him carefully deilatering on how to announced the news to me as i followed his order for the first time whilst wandering on why have he called me to come into his office to tell me only the good news i hope despite the fact that i had grown accustomed to bad news ever since i come to new orleans and met him after his mens had kidnapped me a few months ago to 'protect me' apparently i hear a lot of stuff on how he was doing this to get revenge on my uncle to be honest not really sure about my uncle and santiago's dad history of scapegoats as well as his grudges on any vampires now.

On the other hand, i was hoping for good news for example, my life will no longer be in danger yet it was funny how i never really get what i expect to heard him to me getting prepare for the terrine news that always seems to awaiting in unpredictable time where i least thought it would happen to me as it snubbed me of my happiness.

"Not when I have something important to discuss with you"he sighed tiredly to me.

He gets up to close the door next he decided to sit back down in his seat, bringing his hand together in a serious manner to show the importance of our conversation was going to go in a couple of minutes time eventually i was shaking my head not believing a single words coming out of his mouths meaning we soon resulting arguing continuously back and forward for me to digest all this nonsense he was telling me. I could not absorb any of this pointless news any more, refusing to listen to those words sprouting out of his mouth while denying everything to make myself feel better about my situation.

How could he claim something so  preposterous that saying we are each other's mate meaning he and I were meant to be together mating forever?

"You seriously do not expect to believe a load of nonsense, you are telling me right now?"I asked him.

Quickly, backing away from him walking towards the door the suddenly an overwhelming feel come to me in the back of my mind slow reaching the pit of my stomach becoming unwell as i felt like i was trapped for a very long time not knowing what to do or being speechless waiting for the punchline of his jokes to come but it never came deep down there was no doubt about him telling me the truth whatsoever hence why i was breath in and out to try to clear my mind even when he stops me from escaping his office blocking my way.

Life is playing a very cruel joke on me called fate, regardless i never believe in fate so why should i ever start to believe in now for all i know i could continue to ignore the fact to carry on hating on him for century because being a vampire does means that i get to be alive eterity beside the point i will keep on denying it myself.

"You cannot deny the fact nor the truth about you being my mates" he sounded so certain to me.

My whole world has started tumbling down in front of me also I closed my eyes to get a better grasp of reality whilst I was shaking my head completely disagreeing about being in matches for him because we are absolutely the opposite of each other, further than a saint nonetheless, we are damaged beyond compare from our past.

In addition, the whiskey bottle of alcohol that I have spotted on his desk was very tempting though a little gulp of whiskey could not hurt as I was swinging one down I felt the burning sensation of effects of it stinking the back of my throat and then for several minutes I decided to snatch his favourite whiskey right before running out of the office as he stopped me again.

"It is impossible unless you must have confused me with another nineteen years old girl who looks exactly like me" i whispered yelled at him.

"Sadly, I didn't confuse you with another girl because my inner Wolf told me so," he said truthfully to me.

Never in my life that I wish the truth could not be more wrong in my life, no wonder why some people prefer lies in comparison to the truth because it does soften the blow or make the truth somewhat more bearable than it already was in my case, I would rather date the suitors at the summer ball than be his mate for life.

"No, no, please stop lying to me, you nitwit!" I said bravely to him.

Swiftly, taking my exit out of the room to start loading my bags by stealing his duffel bag out of his room not knowing that Alice, Grayson and Iona were watching me packing my stuff to leave this wolves territory eventually, I paused to take a moment to drink more alcohol furthermore, Grayson took the bottle out of my hand when his fiancee Iona come swooping in to embrace me in her arms for a couple of seconds, thus allowing them to try talking me out of it.

No matter what, I was able to already make my decision to leave tomorrow morning to pave my way through a series of events that has me questioning whether or not it was all a frightening nightmare turning into a rude awakening in real life to me.