Arc 2 chapter 10: a (very short) crucial choice

It's rewind time

I waited outside the student council room until the meeting had concluded. The students from class C and Sakagami-sensei left first, with Sudou following a little while later. He wore a bright, cheerful expression.

"Looks like it went well," I said.

"Man, I don't understand what happened, but you must have done something for me. Right?"

I nodded.

"I knew it. I knew you'd come through for my sake. Heh Heh Heh." He looked incredibly happy. "Well, I gotta head to my club. We should have a party tonight."

"Aww, no."

Sudou left, sulking at my rejection.

The next people to exit were the student council president and secretary Tachibana.

"Excellent work." I thought we'd just exchange a light greeting, but the president stopped in his tracks to address me. "I have approved class C's request to withdraw their complaint."

"Is that so?" I said. "Well, I guess miracles do happen."

Horikita's brother remained still and looked me in the eyes. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

Suddenly, his foot came flying, and would have hit the side of my head if I hadn't dodged it. He aimed a sharp jab where my face now was, and I blocked it with my own hand.

He smiled, and Tachibana looked stunned.

"Do you practice martial arts, Ayanokouji-san?" He asked.

"I've dabbled a little. Not much, though." I answered.

He let out a small, dry laugh.

"Well. Your defence is beyond what a first-year high school girl should be capable of. I'm impressed. Tachibana."

The girl beside him straightened at her name.

"Do you still have one seat open for secretary?"

"Yes. A first-year class A student applied the other day, but was rejected after the first interview."

"Ayanokouji. If you wanted it, I would appoint you the position."

I was surprised, but secretary Tachibana appeared even more shocked than me. "S-student council president...do you really mean that?"

"Do you disapprove?"

"N-no. If you say so, I have not objections. But..."

Before me now lay a crucial decision that would determine my future, and not one I would make lightly.

Authors notes
359 words
Very short chapter.
I want you, the readers, to decide whether Ayanokouji joins the Student council or not. It's gonna be a little while to the next chap, so don't rush the decision.
Not much else to say really
Hope you're all doing well and I hope you enjoyed