chapter, 13

WITCHES IN RIVERDALE

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY PT.2'

Jessica Spellman | 1st Person

I came downstairs with Sabrina after we talked things out. When I noticed that aunt Hilda and Zelda had already left, brina and I were sitting quietly with ambrose in the parlor.

"Will I still be able to see them, won't I Ambrose," Sabrina asked sounding a little sad at the end. Breaking the silence, "Roz and Harvey and Susie? I mean just because we're not at the same school, it doesn't mean we can't be friends. I will be at the academy of unseen arts during the week, but during the weekends."

"On the weekends, you still be a witch," Ambrose interrupted.

"Did you forget father Blackwood is coming to our house tonight." he continued.

"Father Blackwood?!" I exclaimed surprised by what he said. But they didn't reply.

"No, I know, but we'll still be able to go to the movies, same as always, and blowing and all the fun stuff we do together," Sabrina said.

"Wait can she? I hang around with mortals all the time." I asked getting both of their attention.

Okay so now they listen.

I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, Zelda and Aunt Hilda   would leave me to explain the hard bits." Ambrose began, "Look it is frowned upon. It is discouraged."

"But you two talk to mortals." Sabrina Stated.

"Yeah, we all do," I commented backing her up.

"Yeah we do, in passing, but we do not have meaningful connections with them," Ambrose explained, "The coven forbids that, they will see to it."

At this moment what Ambrose said caused me to think about my friends in Riverdale...

Betty

Veronica

Archie

Kevin

Jughead...

My thoughts were soon cut off by Brina. "What? They'll cast a spell on me if I go to the mall with Harvey?" Sabrina asked jokingly.

"Or will they curse me if I get milkshakes with Susie and Roz?" Sabrina said.

"Ambrose will they?" Sabrina asked again.

"It's as though a veil drops, between you
and the mortal world, and eventually, quite quickly, you're," Ambrose tried to find the words to explain,

"Weaned from it."

"I won't forget them," Sabrina said sorrowfully.

"You'll want to."

The expression on Ambrose's face was only a look I could relate to through the loss of my parents. The look of someone who had gone through so much suffering in silence. With the dreaded pain and sympathy, I felt for my cousin's situation I could tell she was hurting.

"Or else the pain is too much to bear."

"Why would it be painful," Brina asked.

"Because of time. Time will slow down, and our friends will grow old while we won't." I answered. "It's better to forget the mortal world and think of only what is ahead... Get ready for what's ahead."