chapter, 19

WITCHES IN RIVERDALE

'The Last Picture Show Pt. 1'

Jessica Spellman | 1st Person.

This week has been absolutely hectic, Sheriff Keller has stopped by a few times. I found out that Archie has been sleeping with his music teacher?!

I know right? The more I think about it the more. I realized that she looked offal familiar. I think I saw her around Greendale. I remember that she lived in a remote cabinet in the woods...

Something is definitely off with Mrs. Grundy.

Jughead, Veronica, Kevin, and I were at a booth at Pop's, talking about some I should be listening to. But instead, I was too busy thinking about Archie.

"The drive-in closing is just one more nail that is the coffin of Riverdale. No, forget Riverdale in the coffin of the American Dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino likes to say..."

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references," Kevin said, trying to stop Jughead.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Jughead says, and Veronica tried calming him down.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?"

"People who want to buy crack," Kevin interjected.

"And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Jessica?" Jughead asked me.

"Yeah, I agree." I quickly said to cover up the fact that I wasn't paying attention.

As Jughead continues to vent about how the drive-in shouldn't be closing down, I was thinking about other things on my mind.

For example, Archie Fu*king his teacher... Yeah, that just didn't seem right to me.

Of course, It shouldn't he be sleeping with a woman twice his age?!

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse..." Jughead said.

This part of the conversation piqued my interest. Honestly, I need to stop thinking about Archie and his problems.

"Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide?" I said placing my input into the discussion.

Jughead looked at me and shrugged.

"I do. Also, you guys should all come to closing night. I'm thinking American Graffiti...Or is that too obvious?"

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn," Kevin said.

"Or Cate Blanchett or The Talented Mr. Ripley."

"I think Anything with John Stamos is a good movie," Betty said, sipping her milkshake.

"Jessica? What are your movie choices." Kev said.

At the moment I was still thinking. about the teacher from Greendale.

One thing led to another and now I'm thinking of Sabrina and what she's up to. God, I hope the Devil isn't trying to kill her again.

"Hey! Jessica! Earth to Jessica Spellman." Veronica said grabbing my attention.

"Ummmm... Rebel without a cause. It's one of my favorite movies of all time." I suggested.