10

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

After that Itto had dragged me out of town and we seemed to be heading back to the base.

"Itto you can let go now."

He continued onwards with his hand still on my arm.

"How do you know them?" He asked completely ignoring my earlier request.

"Old friends. I havent seen them in a long time."

He nodded his head but kept walking.

"Those sweets better be worth leaving early."

Itto snickered and nodded his head again.

"They will be."

I smiled slightly and we walked in silence.

The forest was quiet as well today. No birds or animals were around. If anything I could barely sense their presence.

A shiver ran down my spine and I looked around.

Something wasn't right.

"Itto—"

A pained groan caused me to stop in my tracks.

Itto stopped too and looked  back at me confused.

"Are you alright?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"That wasn't me."

A few seconds later it happened again. We both scanned the forest, but nothing was insight at least from where we were.

I tugged my arm away from him. Scanning once more I hopped up into a nearby tree. Thats when I saw it.

In the distance there was something or someone laying in a bush.

"Itto up ahead."

Itto looked towards where I was pointing and began to go towards it. I followed him jumping from tree to tree. When we were close enough I could finally see a human.

The man seemed to be stuck in the bush, but that seemed to be the least of his worries. His chest was covered in blood.

I jumped down from the tree and startled the man. His eyes grew huge but he quickly composed himself.

"Are you alright?" I asked bending down to check his chest.

"No I believe I'm d-dying." He said coughing out a bit of blood.

The man laying before me had light blue shoulder length hair. The once blue suit he wore was stained red. 

"Itto lets bring him to town."

His eyes shot open at this and the man reached out towards me.

"No— I can't go back there or they'll find me."

"Who?"

He shook his head,

"I'm not sure."

I looked over at Itto but he didn't seem to look too impressed.

"Well he needs medical treatment."

Itto frowned and shook his head.

"Fine but in and out."

I nodded my head and grabbed onto the mans shoulder.

"Ah I'll carry him."

Itto pushed me away from him and picked him up from the bush.

The man coughed again and Itto threw him over his shoulder.

"Itto hes injured." I said glaring at him.

Itto smiled and began walking towards the hideout.

"I'm just getting the blood out of his system."

"Itto thats not how that works..."

It didn't take us long to return to the hangout. Itto brought the man to a couch and I hurried to the medical room to get some supplies.

When I returned it seemed the man had passed out from blood loss.

"I told you not to do that Itto!"

He only smiled cheekily as I placed the items down. Grabbing a small knife from the kit I used it to get the cloth on his chest off. I glanced back at Itto who was watching with a frown.

When his shirt was gone I could see the extent of the wound. It was deep. Someone had really tried to kill him.

"Get the stitches out."

Itto grumbled but did as he was told.

It didn't take long for the wound to be cleaned. The troubling part was the stitches. He really needed to go to a real medical professional but right now it seemed he had little options. Luckily he hadn't woken back up during the process. It was probably better that way.

Itto had tried to kick him out the moment he was patched up, but that was not happening. Although something felt extremely off about the man I couldn't kick him out in this condition. We came to a deal that once he was healed enough to do things on his own he'd have to go.

I sat on a nearby chair watching him peacefully sleep.

Something had definitely happened in that forest. The question was what? All the animals had disappeared and only he was around. Could whatever have been in the forest scared them away? That was the only logical answer.

I let out a sigh and leaned back.

Whatever was going on something told me it wouldn't be good for us.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««