11

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I sat in the same chair as usual staring down at the blue haired man. It's not that I wanted to play guard duty but Itto had forced my hand.

One day when I had come back to check on the man I caught Itto trying to shove him out the window. When I called out to him he froze up like a statue and sheepishly put him back.

Ever since then I havent been able to leave him alone. Itto would come to spy on me every once in awhile and when I had to go do things I'd leave Shinobu in charge.

A few days had gone by and the man only regained consciousness for short periods of time. I was debating on bringing him to a real medical professional but his words kept playing in my head.

I leaned back against the chair a sigh leaving my lips.

"Am I that uninteresting?"

The voice had startled me but I hadn't let it show on my face. With my heart pounding in my chest I looked down at him. The blue haired man was now awake and resting his head on his palm.

He was in much better condition than a few days ago. His swelling and bruising had gone down a bit and now that he wasn't covered in blood you could see his face. His eyes were a glowing red.

At first Itto had thought he got blood in his eyes and attempted to scrub it out...

I was beginning to wonder whether allowing him to stay was a good choice.

"No I'm just shocked that Itto hasnt rushed in to kick you out yet."

He let out a short laugh before smiling.

"I do apologize for intruding but I'm sure you understand I was in no situation to refuse."

"Good time to go then!"

Speaking of the devil.

Like magic Itto had made his entrance. He hurried excitedly over to bed to inspect the man.

"Bruising is not bad, not covered in blood, and he can speak, perfect! As the doctor I say hes in good shape."

The man only laughed again before sitting up more.

"I am sorry for being trouble. I had no intentions of staying longer than needed. I must say though you're quite the impressive doctor Itto."

Itto's eyes lit up for a second and he rubbed the back of his head.

"Yea you think so?"

"Yes."

I was rolling my eyes at this. Itto hadn't done anything but try to cause him more pain. That though I'd keep to myself.

"I do hate to bother you again Doctor Itto but you wouldn't mind if I stayed a few more days would you? You see my legs feel awfully sore."

It was like Itto's personality had flipped. He was now smiling and nodding his head.

"Yea okay fine a few more days is alright. The doctor orders so."

It seemed that compliment had changed the man.

"I hope you don't mind miss?"

He was talking to me now.

I only shook my head in reply.

"Its no problem at all."

But something in my gut was telling me it was. This man was smart. I could tell from the moment he spoke he had a charm to him. It seemed Itto noticed as well but not in the same way as me.

"Ah excuse me it seems you have uh bugs falling from your pocket.."

I blinked a few times and glanced over at Itto.

The room had fallen silent for a brief moment.

He still kept those things there??

The man seemed perplexed at Itto's reaction.

"He normally does this just leave it be." I said letting out a sigh.

Itto took one of his onikabuto out from his pocket and proudly showed it off. The bug had a cute little sunflower hat on top of it.

"Oh my is that a hat?"

Itto nodded profusely.

"Yes its so she doesn't get sun burns, but don't be fooled shes a fighter."

"A fighter?"

"Have you never seen them fight before?!?"

I was zoning in and out of the conversation at this point. Itto continued on about his bugs. Which indeed were kind of cute. Our guest seemed very interested but something about that charming smile deterred me. There was something surrounding him. Something that humans couldn't see. It was almost like a darkness loomed over him.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««