21

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I paced back and forth in the forest while I waited.

Kuki had left a few hours ago to go do some more research but I couldn't stand waiting inside.

My head had been pounding non stop since she disappeared. Though I was beginning to believe she hadn't really left on her own will.

My hands balled up into fists and I sent a punch for one of the nearest trees.

The tree shook and swayed until falling to the ground. An explosion of leaves emerged.

I let out a groan as I swatted at them.

"Boss."

I flinched but turned my head.

Finally Kuki had returned.

"So what did you find?"

I could tell it wasn't good. She was nervous a bit more so than when she left. She noticed the tree but made no comment.

"She didn't leave of her own accord and the doctor well its not looking good."

I rose an eyebrow and she shook her head.

"The fatui he was a member. A very powerful one at that."

"So where is she?"

I could hear the anger in my voice.

I wasn't trying to take it out on her but when I found that bastard...

"Boss calm down first. I'm not kidding when I say he's powerful. We can't just rush in there and retrieve her otherwise he might get us as well."

I huffed in reply and crossed my arms.

"I don't care who that Doctor was. Lets go."

She sighed and shook her head, "No we can't. We will go but we need to plan this through. It will not be easy."

"Fine fine a plan. Heres my plan! We rush the base, beat the hell out of the doctor, and get her back tah dah!"

Shinobu facepalmed and strutted up to me.

I looked at her with confusion until she grabbed my ear.

"H-Hey! Ow ow ow!"

Shinobu began to drag me back towards our base and once inside she threw me to the floor.

The rest of the gang was gawking as Shinobu marched around the base. When she returned she had a rope and was coming back for me.

"W-Wait a minute now! Hold on what are you doing with that rope—"

She bent down to look at me and then back at a few nearby men.

"Come on help me tie him up before he gets us all killed."

They all hurried over and my eyes widened.

"Hey! I'm the boss here-wait—!"

They wasted no time. I struggled but Shinobu was holding me down well the others began tying me up.

"Come on stop I'll stay I'll stay!"

"Liar."

When they finally finished I was lying on my stomach with my hands tied behind my back.

She finally let out a sigh of relief and plucked a piece of paper off from a nearby table.

Shinobu came back to sit in front of me. The paper was placed down and she held onto a pen.

"Listen boss."

She began drawing on the paper. It looked like she was drawing a floor plan of a house.

"The base they're held up in won't be easy to get into. I'm still not sure even where she is in there, but they're in there. This room here." She pointed at one of the smaller boxes.

"There are fatui guarding the base and the lock looks really complicated. We can't just go over there and beat them up he'll know what we are up to very quickly. Which in turn could lead to her getting hurt do you understand what I'm saying?"

My jaw clenched from anger but I nodded my head.

"You're not just nodding so I untie you right?"

I could feel the sweat begin to build up on my forehead but I shook my head anyways.

"Itto."

I looked up at Shinobu.

There was no smile on her face just a look of concern.

"Please don't do anything to risk hers or your life."

I could feel my heart sink a bit.

Shinobu really did care and maybe sometimes I ought to listen to her a bit more. I frowned in-return but gave in.

"Alright. This time I won't fight you."

She closed her eyes and took in a small breath.

"Okay." Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled, "Lets go get your woman back."

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««