27

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I let the chains drop from my arms and looked around the room. I still needed something to get the chains off my feet.

That wouldn't be too difficult considering the amount of weapons and sharp objects around.

In the room currently there was a table full of different instruments.

The table was surprisingly within reach. I moved towards it and inspected the different items.

Scissors, syringes, scalpels...

Well they would have to do.

I picked up a syringe and took the needle out from it. Sitting down on the floor I stuck the needle in the lock and began twisting it.

It took a couple of tries but eventually I was able to break through.

With a click the chains came off.

I let out a sigh of relief and stretched my feet out.

I'd best enjoy this now. I imagined I wouldn't have that long before Dottore returned.

I stood up on my feet and began to search around the room.

Lots of stuff in here was just junk. He left a few of his inventions lying around but I wasn't going to tinker with those. I don't think I'd be able to explain why his devices blew up if he returned.

Next I decided to check the other room.

I carefully opened the door listening to make sure no alarms triggered. The door opened and the room was dark. I slipped inside and ran my hand across the wall till I found something that felt like a switch. When I flicked it on the room lit up.

This room seemed to be his resting place. There was a messy desk against the wall and a small bed in the corner.

The wall by his desk had a glass cabinet with all sorts of different things.

Now all I needed was to find that device to shut his clone down.

I started with his desk. I began looking through the drawers and underneath the desk. The room was already a mess so what did it matter if it got more messy.

I threw around a few things as I looked. A lot of it was scribbles and garbage but I imagined he wouldn't leave something so detrimental out in the open.

I pulled at the desk moving it ahead to check behind it, but nothing.

I sighed in annoyance and shook my head.

I needed to hurry.

Next was his bed.

I tossed up the blankets, checked under the mattress, and every other spot I figured he would hide it.

When that proved to fail I stood in the middle of the room and looked around.

It seemed I would need to tare the place apart.

And thats exactly what I did.

I looked everywhere. All the cabinets, shelves, under and over anywhere.

The room was a mess by the time I had finished.

Shit this was a little too messy. I was certain Dottore would notice if I didn't clean this up.

I began putting things back where I had found them. For the most part I remembered where everything was. As I was putting back some papers in a drawer I felt something odd.

I tapped on the drawer once.

Hollow.

Throwing the papers back out I pulled the desk drawer out and turned it around.

At the back was a small hole barely noticeable. I pulled at it and the wood of the drawer pulled out.

A fake bottom.

I looked back into the drawer and inside was a small device.

Scaramouche hadn't given me much information on the device but this must have been something important. If he took well to hide it then it was worth something.

It was some sort of circular switch. Around the switch were two spots one with blue and one with red. Currently the switch was on blue.

Then there was a flash.

My eyes lit up and I swung my head back.

In the other room was a flash of black.

Shit.

I put the drawer back as fast as I could and hurried back to the other room. When I returned I hid the device under the food bowl and began to put my chains back on.

I sat against the wall and laid the needles in a darker area nearby.

One last flash and he had returned.

He was a panting mess but something was in his hands.

It was Scaramouches hat.

When he finally looked up at me he was grinning.

I rose an eyebrow and he dangled the hat in his hands.

"It worked." He said out of breath.

And then the pounding began.

I shot a hand to my head and gripped it. Pain surged through my entire body.  There was a constant stabbing pain in my head.

I bit down my lip so hard it drew blood. Closing my eyes I tried so desperately to focus on something anything but the pain, but it wasn't working. My body began to feel nauseous and the pain grew.

Dottore laughed at my state.

"Ops I forgot it would do that. My bad."

But I knew he wasn't sorry.

The bastard had done it on purpose.

My body slid against the wall.

The pain was excruciating. It was beyond what I had ever expected to feel. I knew it was bad but this was just too much.

But I understood why.

This was the consequences of abusing the power to walk in and out of consciousness.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««