Chapter 03. Demon hunter base

"Rimuru-san..., You're not human..., But how come you can stay safe under the sun."

Shinobu asked with a serious face, the flat-faced man also seemed to be curious. They both looked at me intently.

<<Simply say that you are a half-demon.>>

Hmm... ? Why not just be honest that I'm a slime.

<<This is a different world, Master. They would definitely be in shock if the beautiful woman in front of them was a cute lump of slime.>>

T-That's also true yah...

I looked back at the two of them in turn.

"If I told you that I was a half-demon, would you believe it?"

Surprised? They were both completely taken aback by what I said. Even the man who always had a straight face rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"S-demon half-human you say!?" Shinobu shouted in disbelief.

"I don't care if you believe it or not, the important thing is that I answered the question you asked."

Shinobu glanced at the man named Giyu with an inexplicable look on his face. Then he looked back at me with a sigh.

"Alright, for now just think of it like that."

Easy as that ?

He then continued his path followed by Giyu who was beside him. I just followed the two of them from behind.

"We'll be late if we keep going like this."

Then the woman named Shinobu ran followed by Giyu beside her.

"Rimuru-san, you can keep up with our speed right?"

What ? Is he belittling me?

"Go ahead." I said as I followed silently behind them.

***

After running for a while, we arrived at a fairly large residence with an ancient Japanese building.

"Rimuru-san is so great, you can follow us without even looking exhausted." Praised Shinobu with a smile.

"I see, thank you."

Then he walked into the house. I just followed the two of them in silence, until we finally reached the backyard. There are 7 people here.

"Is he the devil that Oyakata-sama ordered to take him?!" Point to the person with many wounds all over his body.

That's not polite!

"His name is Rimuru Tempest-san." Shinobu introduced me to those who were there.

Many faces were complicated due to the first words spoken by the man with many wounds, they all stared at me intensely. As if evaluating whether I was dangerous or not.

"This is the first time I've seen a demon that can walk in the sun." Said the yellowish red haired youth with enthusiasm.

"Should we kill him in a flashy way!?" continued the white-haired man who had a large knife on his back.

"Namu amida butsu. It's a pity that he lives in such a state, we must quickly kill him and make him rest in peace."

Oi oi! I just came here already playing kill!

Everyone there was staring at me except for Giyu and Shinobu who already knew.

"He is a stone pillar, Himejima Gyoumei." Pointing Shinobu at the man who was clasping his hands like he was praying.