It's You

"

"...Why haven't you put on the bracelet? Your dad had it made for you." Soo-ho asks his girlfriend as he sits next to her on her bed and receives a nod.

"...It will sound weird, but I just felt like the timing wasn't right yet... Like something is supposed to happen first. I think I want to know about my eomma first before I do anything. She answers while looking at the bracelet. "Do you know anything about her?"

"...From what I can remember your dad said you loved your mom very much, but you could go without her for at least a few hours. With your dad, you would start pouting if he was gone for a few minutes. Apparently, you enjoyed driving your mom crazy." He chuckles.

"I'll apologize to her if I ever meet her." She says, giggling. "...Gyeok-chan told me about how my real appa saved the North Korean families who were related to the assassins who tried to kill the president... I guess it was no coincidence that we all met like this."

"...Going back to those times, you're a lot like him." He tells her with a small smile. "Caring for others more than himself. Letting others borrow his things even when he might need them himself. Telling people to take care better care of themselves. Accidentally saying his thoughts out loud. Having a special cure that Soo-hui and I never knew what it was, but I can take a guess it was either butterscotch or friend chicken." He teases her with the last part making her giggle. "...He was a good man. So in order to repay for him everything that he had done for me and my little sister, I made a deal with him to become his daughter's bodyguard."

"Huh?" She blinks a few times. "That's funny considering you're the one who needs a bodyguard. Are you sure you're a professional? You keep getting injured."

"Hey!" He puts a hand on his heart, faking the hurt and she giggles. "He wanted you to have a bodyguard to protect you from anyone that tries to hurt you and to scare all your future suitors away." He laughs as her face scrunches up. "...I'm guessing the other bodyguard he was talking about Gyeok-chan."

"Hmm..." She sniffs. "I think I'm smelling some jealousy aga-" She starts laughing as he starts a tickle attack. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry! I'll take it back!"

While she tries to calm herself down, he picks up her snow globe and shakes it. He then feels her wrap her arms around his waist and he looks at her with a smile.

"I'm so happy it was you, my mystery man!" She giggles.

"Mystery man?" He asks with an amused look and she nods.

"Yep! When we first met, I didn't get a good look at what you looked like so I called you mystery man. I'm glad that you recognized me the second meeting." She pokes the snow globe. "You know why snowdrop flowers are my favorite? They represent hope and I always hoped that I would meet you again."

"...Hana-ya." He shakes the snow globe again. "I'll have hope that you'll find answers about your mom someday. I'll help you look for those answers if you want. Hopefully she's still alive and will give me her blessing to marry her beautiful daughter someday." He declares making her eyes widened.