Chapter 7: On unstable waters

It seems cc!Wilbur danger is over, so the title has been changed back. But, please do let me know if cc!Wilbur danger comes back!

-------------------------------------------

After breakfast and multiple minutes of pleading, Tommy managed to make Wilbur agree to something. He wanted to go back to work. His bosses, Puffy and Bad, were most likely already very worried for him.

And so, Wilbur and Tommy sat on the tube line on their way to Puffy's delights.

"I hope Puffy and Bad aren't mad or sum shit. If anything, I hope the worst is going to be that they're worried", Tommy said as he leaned onto Wilbur.

"Oh, don't worry. If anything happens, I'll explain that you got hurt and I was the one in charge of taking care of you. I'm a responsible adult, so they'll probably even believe me", Wilbur said wrapping an arm around Tommy's shoulder.

"You? A responsible adult? You don't even look like one. You're wearing a slightly stained yellow sweater, some absolutely fake looking round glasses and even your hair looks like a mop of mess. If anything, you look like a homeless adult" Tommy stated.

"Shut up, child", Wilbur replied.

When they arrived Tommy dashed into the café looking for Bad, Puffy or Foolish, who was one of Puffy's sons.

"Hello and welcome to- TOMMY?!?" Foolish sputtered from behind the counter when he saw Tommy dashing in. "Oh my god, you're okay! Where were you? Mom and Bad were both worried sick! You know how they are!" Foolish asked running up to Tommy.

"I'm fine, but is either one of them here?" Tommy answered.

"Mom's in the back", Foolish said flabbergasted.

"Thanks! I'll be right back! Wil, you wait here!" Tommy shouted as he ran into the back of the building.

"And you are?" Foolish asked Wilbur.

"I'm Wilbur. Nice to meet you. I'm the one who took care of Tommy while he was 'disappeared'", Wilbur said quoting the word disappeared.

"Oh, okay", Foolish just said going back behind the counter.

As soon as Tommy ran in through the doors he saw Puffy.

"Puffy! I'm back! Please don't freak out, I'll explain!" Tommy said as he ran up to Puffy.

"Tommy? Where were you?! You could've sent me a message that you'd be missing an entire week!" Puffy exclaimed.

"Yes, I'm sorry, I forgot. I got hurt, and I couldn't come to work. But all's okay now! I was in the care of 3 adults and I'm completely okay now", Tommy said. "One of them is actually here. He's out there is you wanna do the you know 'adult talk'", he added.

"No need for 'adult talk', but I'd like to meet one of the people whom you let take care of you. Cause last time I checked, Bad, Foolish and me were the only adults you trusted", Puffy said walking into the front Tommy behind her.

"Well, you see, he's different. Wilbur and his family are different", Tommy said.

As they stepped through the doors Tommy made a dash towards Wilbur, enveloping the brunette in a hug.