Dude 🫱 Why?

So, I'm sure a bunch of you have already been aware of the situation for a while.
Now I only heard of it as I'm not that much in the fandom anymore and watch more random stuff or HermitCraft.

First off, why is the whole community turning more and more toxic and horrible? Secondly, why are more and more content creators turning out to be horrible people?
*sigh*
If you don't know yet, Wilbur is a bitch confirmed. And I'm really conflicted now.
On one hand I want to finish this story, but om the other hand I want to have nothing to with Wilbur's character.
And I'm also unsure of what I should do regarding his music and Lovejoy. I absolutely adore that music and it's been my comfort music for months now.
I've asked for opinions from a friend of mine who knows of the community but is not in it, and her suggestion is that I continue listening to the music if it really is my comfort music, as Spotify pays its artists so horribly, and for the fic that I just kill him off. Now, easier said than done. His character is kind of an important part of the story, which I now hate. This whole thing is supposed to be SBI family dynamic.

What do you guys think? Killing him off would require me to change my already existing plans quite a lot, but that way maybe I could continue the fic.

-Your this month turning 18 author, Lixxie