CH10 A forgotten memory

13 years ago...

He's been waiting for him for quite a while now.
"Where is he??" he pondered to himself. "Come on [C&#%]! You're gonna be late! [N=&/] is waiting!" he shouted to his older brother.
They were most certainly be late if they continued this way. [C&#%] was either ways really slow. And so he decided to get a head start.
"Coming, coming! Don't rush me!" [C&#%] shouted back running after him.
"Tommy wait up! You're too fast for me!" [C&#%] shouted after Tommy.
"No way, big bro! You're not outrunning me!" Tommy shouted.

Tommy was 4 and [C&#%], his older brother, was 10, but they got along really well. Their powers were so different from each other that their parents thought that they wouldn't get along because of it, but they were wrong.

"[C&#%]! Come on! [N=&/]'s gonna be mad! Hurry up already!" Tommy whined.
"Alright alright, I'm trying!" [C&#%] said.
[C&#%] seemed to have gotten an idea. His hands started to glow green, and then his feet were off the ground.
"Let's go!" [C&#%] said determined.
"Yeah!" Tommy exclaimed.

They arrived at [N=&/]'s place on time and no-one was mad.
"[C&#%]! Tommy! Welcome! You guys were almost late", [N=&/] said.
"Yeah, I know. I told that to [C&#%], but he's just too slow", Tommy said. [N=&/] laughed.
"[C&#%]!" someone from behind [N=&/] exclaimed.
"[G#&£/%]! Hi!" [C&#%] also exclaimed as the brunnette jumped on him.
"I missed you!" the 13-years-old brunnette said.
"I missed you too", [C&#%] said.
"Hey [G^<>]!" Tommy interrupted the moment.
"Hi Tommy. How are you?" [G#&£/%] asked.
"I'm good. Still faster than [C&#%]. And [C&#%] is still super slow", Tommy said.
"Kids, why don't you come in?" one of [N=&/]'s fathers asked.
"Hello Mr. [H@#+]!" Tommy greeted him.
"Hello Tommy", [B*"B&=H@#+], also know as [B*"], said.
"Come on in boys, the kitchen is packed with cake and other sweets!" [B*"] said.
"Ooh! Are they made by you?? I really love your bakings!" Tommy said.
"Yes, Tommy, they are made by me", [B*"] said.
"Of course they are made by [B*"]. Who else would be making mountains of muffins and other baked goods?" [Z@*], [N=&/]'s other dad, said.
"Come on guys!" [N=&/] said as he ran in the others following suit.

They ate and celebrated [N=&/]'s birthday. He had just turned 8. He opened gifts, read cards and thanked them. In the evening everyone left.
"[C&#%], can you carry me on your back?" Tommy asked.
"Sure. Hop on", the dirty blonde said.
"Yeah!" Tommy exclaimed. He hopped onto his brother's back and got comfortable.
"Goodnight Tommy", [C&#%] said.
"Good night big bro", Tommy answered. He then fell asleep.

The next morning he woke up happily. He walked out into the living room to find their drunken father there.
"Tommy? What are you doing you mistake?" he asked.
"I just woke up... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you...", Tommy said.
"You never do anything else other than annoy me! Do something already!" their father shouted.
"I'm sorry...", Tommy said in tears.
"Leave him alone!" [C&#%] shouted running in front of his little brother.
"You stay out of this!" their father said angrily. "[£%&)@£)] leave. Now", [P@++%] said stepping into the room. "You can't continue to do this to our kids!" she shouted.
"Alright, I'll leave", he said with a grin. He turned around pretending to leave when he turned back grabbed Tommy's arm and dragged him with him. "But I'll take him with me", he said.
"Tommy!" [C&#%] shouted terrified.
Their father left the house dragging Tommy with him. Tommy saw [C&#%] run out after them before it all went black.
"Tommy!" he heard before he lost consciousness.

Tommy woke up gasping for air.
'Ugh, this dream again. I can never remeber their faces nor their names. It's always all a blur', Tommy thought to himself.
He looked at the clock. It was 5.38am. Too early in Tommy's opinion. And so he just closed his eyes hoping to not return to that dream...

----------------------------------

Am I bein' ultra productive today? Maybe... Am I also in constant stomach pain? Yes. Is that going to stop me?... Eh, maybe. Not now at least.

-Your fave author, Lixxie