Chapter 3

Although it's been a week since her transmigration she was still in the process of being comfortable with them. She was able to be familiar with the different rooms and areas of the mansion, she was also able to identify each and everyone of the staff without making them suspicious. Alongside all of this she was sure of one thing, her new family was different from her old one.

The kindness that they have shown her in the past days made her realize that she wasn't cursed or unlucky at all. She was just born in the wrong family the first time but now it seemed like Beatrice pitied her and gave her another chance to live the life she always wanted.

Beatrice. Cosette showed her power first and made the people of the empire believe that she was the saintess and that Keira was the witch. How? She also saw the spirits in the dungeon and Cosette even admitted that Keira was the real daughter. Were those illusions?

"My Lady? You seem deep in thought" Allison, her maid, glanced at the letter she was holding. Kiera looked down on her hand, ever since news that she was better left the mansion, invitations to tea parties and birthdays had started piling in. The letter that she was currently holding was an invitation to celebrate the coming of age of a saintess, an invitation to the Parvis Mansion.

It all seemed too soon. She just died from their hands and now she was going to walk right back into the house she never called home. "I want to go see mom and dad" Keira turned to Allison, she didn't want to think about the upcoming event. The invitation was sent for the entire family so they were all asked to attend to show their support.

As she walked to the office she thought about how the duke of Parvis would react. Only few people have seen the faces of the new generation of Agriche and the duke was not one of them, it also seemed like he really wanted the family of Agriche to attend considering that he waited until Keira's condition got better before sending out the invitations. Did he really want support or is he just planning to show off Cosette.

Keira was abruptly stopped by an arm, her eyes widened and let out a small gasp. She subconsciously walked to the stairs and was very close to the edge, "Keira, be careful" Dion pulled his daughter away from the steps and closer to him. It was a relief that he was there and was able to stop her before a tragedy happened.

"You've been zoning out lately. Is there anything you want to tell us?" Dion's face was filled with concern, Keira smiled and shook her head. No matter how much she wanted to share what happened to her, she knows that it's better if she kept it to herself.

Dion picked her up and walked to his office. Although Keira was 10, she was oddly light that even Lucas could carry her. They entered the office and Keira was surprised when she saw Medea was inside, she got down and ran to her mother who placed her on her lap.

"You're becoming more energetic as the days pass by'' Medea tucked a strand of hair behind her daughter's ear, Keira looked into her eyes and saw how much it reflected hers, "its because everybody takes care of me" Dion chuckled "They better be doing so. Whoever will mistreat you or your siblings will pay with blood" and there we go, the psychopathic side of Dion.

Medea was close to facepalming but she knows deep inside that she agrees to what he says. She's the type of leader that you would be scared of but at the same time happy that she's the one who sits beside the duke and not some naïve, childish slave that the duke just picked up during a hunting trip.

Everybody has their eyes on Dion but nobody is brave enough to even walk in front of him and of course they knew he only fancied one person. They were equals, Medea and Dion both have that scary way of thinking and always have a plan on how to take revenge. 'The Devils' as people call them.

"Before I forget, we'll be leaving by tomorrow for the ball at the Parvis estate" Keira froze. This early? It only takes a few hours to get there from the North. If they leave early in the morning they'll arrive before noon and most importantly she wasn't ready to see Ludwig or Cosette Parvis.

"We have to travel early so that we can avoid any beasts that may be lurking around. It's safer that way" Dion explained and Keira nodded in understanding. An execution just happened and then they decide to throw a ball in honor of a fake? Keira couldn't help but clench her hand as she walked back to her room. She would rather die than see their faces again.