Chapter 13

Weeks have passed since the incident with the countess. She didn't show up the next classes after that so I haven't had etiquette in a while. Not that I'm complaining.

Also, Lucas has been spending some time in the basement lately. Whenever I ask him what he's up to he just smiles, places his hand on top of my head and tells me to not worry about it. I was suspicious but I also trust him so I didn't pry any further.

Leilin and Benjamin also accompanies him sometimes and when they leave, their clothing will always have a speck of blood. What in the world is going on down there?

Rashta has moved to the east estate so I don't see her that often and it's starting to get warm again. "Papa" he looked at me "What do you think is brother Lucas doing in the basement?" If I can't get an answer from Lucas then I'll try my luck on Dion. He must've told him something. "Your brother does a lot of weird and crazy things. Whatever he's doing down there is nothing out of the ordinary" not the type of answer I hoping for and was definitely not helpful.

I sighed and laid my head on his desk, an envelope catches my eye. "Hm, what's this?" I reached for it, seeing an unfamiliar seal at the front. "A letter from your grandfather" Who?

"Your mother's father. He reached out saying that he wanted to see your mother and you and your siblings" He says as if reading my mind. I don't think Medea ever brought him up.

If he wants to see her, does that mean he changed? Cause from what I've heard, he was abusive.

"What's in your mind?" I look up at him, "Why does mama never talk about him?" He took a while before answering "because your mother swore that she wasn't going to involve him in your lives. She promised herself that she was no longer going to be associated with anything that has the name of Solon"

"But mommy's a Solon as well, Right?" Dion shook his head "She was. But she became an Agriche the moment she said yes to my proposal" he looked like he was biting in a smile. Going down memory lane, father?

I looked back at the purple seal, taking in the design of the crest. Just what did my grandfather do for my mother to hate him so much?

***

"Done with your lessons, Milady?" Aldrich, my escort, asked. I nodded my head "I guess. If my etiquette teacher doesn't show up again" I grabbed my coat from Allison and walked to the main door. I was asked to meet her at the front so here I am, standing in the cold, waiting for a carriage that may never arrive.

Unfortunately it did. But the one who stepped down from the carriage wasn't a female. King Eduardo stepped out and I can only thank the Lord that the wind wasn't on his side and I am saved from a scene of a cape swaying behind him from the wind.

"My, is this the young lady of Agriche? I am pleased to meet you" He brings his hand to his chest "Are you here to meet my father, your majesty?" He shook his head "No, I came here for a visit. It has been a while since I've stepped foot into a manor under Agriche" he examined me from head to foot.

"Are you waiting for somebody else?" He cocked his head to the side "My teacher, Countess Ines" "I see. It seemed like my cousin has ran late" He chuckled "Did she not come with you? I haven't had my etiquette class for three weeks" He shook his head no.

"I guess there is no more point in waiting. Let's go inside" I turned around. The king following close behind me. "Inform his Excellency that King Eduardo is here" The butler nods and walked away towards Dion's bedroom. "Assist his Majesty to the drawing room" I instruct another butler but Eduardo abruptly stopped me "There'll be no need. I'll just go straight to the duke's study" He takes off his coat and passed it to a nearby maid.