Chapter 39

"As I said, I was in the middle of an execution" I started, keeping my eyes down. "The last thing I heard were people yelling my name, shouting the fact that I'm a witch who would bring destruction in Parvis" he shuddered at the mention of the duchy.

"It all went silent after that, then I heard your voice, then Benjamin, then Leilin" I smiled at the memory, finally, I can distinguish who was who during that time of darkness. "I don't know how it happened, it just did. Trust me I didn't know how things worked then" I chuckled nervously, looking at him as he watched me freak my head out.

"I'm the other Kiera, the other child of the duke of Parvis, I was killed because of Cossette, she manifested her powers first but so did I, then I found out that she was a fraud" I spat out, my hands were shaking so much that I had to place my pudding away in fear that I might drop it (would be such a waste if I did, it tastes so good)

"Say something" I said, "Your silence is making me anxious and why are you so calm?" He stayed silent "Oh gosh you think I'm crazy" he quickly shook his head "No, no I don't. I believe you" I sighed in relief, "Are you saying you believe me because you don't wanna hurt my feelings?" He shook his head no again.

"I swear, I believe you. More than you think I do" he smiled "Because my sister doesn't lie, she never does"

"I'm not your sister" I said, frustratedly "You are. You've been here for so long, if you really aren't the Keira my mother gave birth to then how come my parents haven't noticed you aren't their daughter?"

"Because I'm a good actor. I'm an easy learner, I've managed to fool you as well and your a magician" I pointed out and he shrugs, "If that's what you think" he looked down and his face turned sad again, finally realizing how serious the matter is, finally seeing what he truly lost. "Is my sister okay? You know, the one I watched grow up? At least until the fever happened" I stayed silent, I wished I had an answer to that, I wished I could say yes but I couldn't.

"I don't know" I whisper and he nods, holding back a tear. "I'm sorry" "It's okay" he reassured me with a kiss on the head, "since you showed me your secret, I want to show you mine" I looked at him with confusion, he stood up and offered me his hand.

We both moved from my room to his "Nobody except me and dad knows this, so now you have to keep it a secret from the others especially Benjamin" he pleads, I nodded with suspicion. Is he about to show me an entire cellar filled people he has tortured?

He opened the weird looking painting and behind it was a doorway that led to a whole other part of the room, it was dark, filled with bookshelves, empty potion glasses and a big old cauldron in the corner. "What the hell" I said in both awe and disbelief, "this has been here the entire time?" I looked back at him, leaning against the wall, he nods and pushes himself off, approaching one of the shelves.

"This is what you wanted to show me?" "No, this is what I wanted to show you" he pulled out an old notebook and handed it to me, it had a leather cover and was being held close by string. I haven't even opened it yet but I can already that this is a personal diary of some sort.

After I undid the string, I looked at him for approval, if this is something he really wants me to see. He nods and I gulped as I turned to the first page.

"Transmission of a soul to another body?" I read aloud, "what?" I looked up at him, confused. "Lucas what is this?" I flipped through the pages, "a whole diary of transmigration. I can't find any sort of book containing anything about it so I made my own"

"On what basis? And why do you have this?" I stopped at a particular page containing a spell, "I had to ask around" he smiled, "and to answer why, well maybe because I didn't want my siblings to experience the pain of their sister dying" I stared at him with realization.

"You did this?" He nods, "what did you do with your real sister?" I said as I slowly back away, "Nothing, I swear. Keira was sick ever since she was a baby, we were warned that she didn't have long so dad made the archmage chant some sort of spell that will keep her alive long enough for her to inherit the duchy and that's a long time" he explained.

"The spell didn't work, somehow, I don't know when it stopped working, I knew she wasn't making it out of that fever"

"So, I'm just a proxy?" He shook his head "no of course not, you're my sister, you have been ever since I first found out about your transmigration" I shut the book close and placed it on the table "I don't understand, you did this. You obviously knew what you were doing"

"In this life I do, in the past I didn't" My breath hitched. "To be fair, I didn't do anything in the past, it just happened as well" He couldn't see the look of confusion on my face because his back is turned to me.

"This all already happened before?" He nods "yes, three times I lost my sister, two times I got her back" I can sense the sadness coming from him as his shoulders dipped.

"I guess it's my turn to tell the story" he turned around and I nodded "Yeah you better, because I am completely lost" I chuckled awkwardly.

"A god didn't do this, I did. I turned back time"