Chapter 49

"There you go milady" Allison stared at the mirror, at the reflection of a masterpiece. An angel. Keira also admired the work done by her maid, the braid circled the top of her head like a wreath crown, "You're the best Allison" she smiled, Allison started tearing up as she took in the compliment.

"Now, it's nearly time for your entrance" Allison made Keira stand up, the blue dress was perfect for her, of course it was, everything looked perfect on her. A final look at the mirror and she's ready, Allison assisted her until the entrance to the ballroom where she was taken by her father, her older siblings have already entered a few minutes earlier. Her mother smiled at her, looking as proud as ever, Dion took her hand, trying to calm away her nerves. "Now entering, Grand Duke, Dion Agriche, Grand Duchess, Medea Agriche, and Lady Keira Agriche" the doors opened, revealing the bright lights from the ballroom and hundreds of people waiting to catch a glimpse of Agriche's second princess. They all bowed, Keira can feel her anxiety reaching the roof, seeing so many familiar and strange faces. "Today, we celebrate the birthday of my dear daughter, Keira. Thank you all for attending, please, enjoy the banquet"

They descended the stairs and Keira ran straight to her siblings. "You're as beautiful as ever" Leilin complimented, "Thank you, sister" Keira smiled. "Ah there's the birthday girl" Inez approached the group, "Aunt Inez!" They all exclaimed, it has been a while since they've seen each other. "Where's uncle Carcel?" Lucas asked "he's there, showing off his medals to the other naval officers" As always, he would never pass up the opportunity to do so. "Keira!" Ivanna ran towards her and pulled her into a hug, she's the second to the youngest child among the siblings. "Happy birthday" she smiled, "Thank you" her older siblings also joined in the bunch, drowning her with greetings. "Aria! It's been a while" Ruby and the others appeared, hugging the blonde "Oh its good to see you as well Dylan" she smiled at the other male who stood next to Aria, "and of course, the star of the night" (the party got postponed to a later time) Ruby hugged Keira tightly, just as she had said in the letter. It was nice to get together like this again, especially surrounded by people who've been there your entire life.

It became like a mini reunion, Psyche, Perion and Helios also attended. The large group formed by the different families caught everyone's attention, of course it comes as a surprise to others when the Agriche's become close with another household, it's even more unbelievable that they've got close connections with two other imperial families. "I hope we aren't too late to the party" Jeremy said, making his introduction. The rest of the Agriche's arrived, including Lant. Jeremy's attention didn't remain on his nieces and nephews for long though, once he spotted Jeanette, he was quick to leave their side.

"Glad those two are getting along" Dylan commented, "Jeanette's a sweet girl, that's something Jeremy majorly needs in his life" Penelope said, staring at the young couple before turning to Callisto. "Am I right, Your Highness?" Callisto, being weak towards her, cleared his throat and nodded. Gosh, it hurts being surrounded by couples.

Lilianne looked at her older sister with a weird face before hugging her, glaring at Callisto "You. Stay away" she frowned, making the others laugh, especially their mother. Callisto played along and backed away, "Keira" Carcel finally decided to join them along with Ricardo and their youngest son, Ignacio. "Happy birthday Lady Keira" all three of them bowed, she smiled and thanked them. Ignacio went in for a hug with her, "You're very pretty today" he said, "Thank you, how was your journey at sea?" They just came back from a week long trip sailing the sea, she can only imagine how tired her aunt was. Ignacio immediately lit up when she asked and that was when she knew they had to sit down because it will be a very long story.

"I saw so many things!" He started off once they've found a spot to stay at, away from the crowds, just her and the little one. "There were so many dolphins following us, and mama let me name them!" "Oh? And what names did you pick?" "I forgot the others but I named one of them after you! Because it was your birthday" he smiled, Keira immediately became a puddle, just wanting to melt into the floor. Yes, sitting on the floor during a party is not something desirable in a noble but they had no choice since the child wanted to use the couch as his make believe ocean. "We also stopped at land in some point and played in the beach, there were so many shells and a crab came to say hello to me. Oh and.." Keira happily listened into his fun adventures, she just let him talk, not asking questions until he was done. "But being here is still better than anything" he emphasized using his arms, "Hm, and why is that?" "Because I get to be with everybody" he giggled, Keira hugged him as she got a little teary eyed.

She taught that today was a day for her to not worry about anything, especially about the two pests currently living with them but as she has learned lately, they always find their way back to you. As Ignacio and Keira peacefully enjoyed their time together, Rashta approached them, "hello" she smiled at the younger blonde, "H-hi" he greeted back. "I'm Rashta, you are?" "Ignacio" he smiled at her, Rashta turned to Keira "ah, Happy birthday lady Keira. May you live a long and happy life" Keira simply nodded to signify her thanks. Rashta wasn't supposed to be out there, she was supposed to be hidden inside her room, that was her fathers direct orders. "Lady Rashta! Please don't run away like that" her maid said in a whisper, "But, I also want to see what's going on" she said, pleading that she'll be allowed to party.

"Uh" the maid looked at Keira who in turn also left the decision up to her, except they really didn't have a choice, if Rashta shows herself to the other people in the ballroom, hell could break loose, "Lady Keira please" she started to cry, Ignacio held on her sleeve, either feeling sorry for Rashta or he's giving Keira a sign to keep her far away from the others. Though it would be fun to see what would happen if she does step into the ballroom, she'll keep things at bay for now, especially since Claude was in there, he protects Medea as much as he can, if he sees Rashta then it may be the end of her.

"No. It was my fathers strict orders that you must not appear in front of everyone else" She said and of course Rashta broke in tears. Ignacio looked confused, not completely knowing what was going on. "Let's go Ignacio" Keira took his hand then walked away. "Was that your friend?" He asked, "No. She's just staying here temporarily" "she's a little weird" Keira giggled, "yeah she is" Funny how a child is thinking the same thing.

They managed to get through crowds of other nobles and found their way back to their parents. Keira looked at her father, who immediately knew what happened. He pats her head, telling her that she doesn't need to worry about anything and that was what put her at ease. Keira decided to just leave the matter at that and focus more on her special day. She greeted more of her guests and stuffed herself with the delicious food prepared.

The music began and the middle of the ballroom has been cleared in preparation for the first dance, before Dion can even reach his daughter, Lucas was already asking for the first dance. She accepted his hand with joy and Lucas led her to the center, "You better dance properly" Keira commented, he smiled, "Don't worry. I am an amazing dancer", Lucas looked down at her with a smile, everyone's eyes were on them and no matter how many pep talks Keira has given herself for this moment, the anxiety still rushed through her veins as if replacing every single blood cell in her body.

"Calm down. Don't mind them" Lucas whispered, noticing how Keira was looking around, she was scared to mess up, especially since they were literally in the middle of the room. "Take a deep breath, Keira" she focused on his words and did so as he had instructed. It managed to clam her down a little, she looked over his shoulder and spotted Cosette within the crowd, but unlike the others, she had a smirk plastered on her face, obviously plotting something. Lucas noticed her expression just as the music stopped, once it did, they stepped out and other guests started to dance with their own partners. Keira didn't want to think about her, whatever devious plan was forming in her mind was a problem for another day.

Keira watched the others dance, Penelope and Callisto looked like a scene from a painting, but Keira's eyes were practically glued onto her parents, they were magical, the smile that was on Dion's face while dancing with Medea both awed and scared some people. As the music ended and new pairs took over the dance floor, Keira approached her parents with awe. "Mom and dad really suit each other" she complimented, Dion ended up blushing while Medea smiled at her daughter. Lucas however, was looking at Cale with daggers as he twirled Leilin with such gentleness. "You're scaring him, Lucas" Both Lucas and Keira turned their heads to look at who just talked, "Ellen!" Keira hugged her, the second princess of the Pheophil empire, "You made it" Benjamin said when he saw Iske just behind her, "Of course, we couldn't miss this little one's birthday" He smiled at the younger one, bowed and greeted her a happy birthday. Keira was practically tired of hearing it over and over but hearing it from people she's considered as family had a whole different melody than the others.

"Mabel!" Diana approached the young empress, taking her away from her husband. As everyone came to greet the new arrivals, Keira stayed back with her brother. "You guys knew these much people?" She asked, Lucas nodded, "it gets confusing sometimes, but you'll get used to it soon" He pats her head, "what makes you say that?" "Because, you're my little sister" he smiled. As if it would give her any sort of advantage but she didn't mind, after all, it was her turn to be happy.