Chapter 8

A/n: Starting from this chapter, it will all be in Keira's POV
-
-
-
"We'll be back soon, don't cause any trouble" Medea looked directly at Benjamin who was trying to look away from her, they got in the carriage and we waved them goodbye. It has been a month since we left the capital, we returned to the North at the same time that snow fell, "Keira let's go back inside. You'll get sick again" My older sister called from behind me and I rushed to her, the giant doors of the estate closing behind me. The sun has risen and the snow fell harder outside and I can't help but feel worried.

"Hot Chocolate?" Allison offered and I took the mug, carefully sipping the hot liquid. The wind was colder than the time I woke up here, how long has it been exactly? Three months?

"Drink it slowly, you'll burn your tongue" Jeez, I'm 10 not 5. "I know brother. Don't worry, I can take care of myself" Those words struck him hard. He dramatically fell down to the floor "Brother?" He puts his finger to my lips. "Don't ever say that you're growing up, ever again" I rolled my eyes on how dramatic he was being "Get up, you're weird" I turned my head around and continued to sip my drink

The older boys have been treating me and Leilin like we're still babies. It's entertaining at times but also quite annoying. One time they even made the knights run two laps across the training field when Leilin's hands were hurt during her first sword training.

"I'm telling you, young lord. It's normal for the hands to feel that way if it's your first time in sword training" Marcus has been explaining the same thing over and over again but Lucas and Benjamin we're not hearing it.

"Our hands weren't like that when we started" Lucas continued to argue and Benjamin nodded his head in agreement. "It's because your hands are more firm and the lady's hands are more delicate" There was a sudden shift in the atmosphere, mana was building up around Lucas "Oh really?" The knight was shaking in fear while Leilin and I just watched from a distance, "Should I stop him?" Leilin asked, I shook my head no "He'll stop soon enough" I fixed my hat and laid back on the chair.

"Run two laps across the field now. All of you" they all started to run around the field, exhausted after only one lap. "That was very unnecessary. How do you think am I supposed to train now? They'll be terrified" Benjamin pointed at himself "Then I'll teach you. I'll also teach Keira when she grows up" yay, I guess.
End of Flashback

Honestly Lucas, you're more like a child than I am. A knock came from the door, about damn time.

"News flash my dear siblings, our extended family in our father's side will be visiting and they'll be arriving today" Benjamin held up a letter between two of his fingers, the red seal of Agriche at the front.

"Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Roxi?" Lucas took the letter and read it. "And Aunt Charlotte" Leilin added in the name "this is gonna be chaos" Lucas said under his breath, you bet.

I haven't seen them yet and didn't know what to expect but them being an Agriche means they obviously inherited that psycho blood that's running in the veins of everyone in this dysfunctional family, my veins included.

"It'll be interesting, don't you think? I missed Aunt Roxanna" Benjamin sighed and, for the first time in forever, Lucas agreed. "Do you think they know that mom and dad left?" Leilin wrapped a blanket around her, we shrugged "Mom and dad probably told them" Lucas passed, oh wait let me correct that, threw the letter back to Benjamin who shuffled around to catch it.

"Jeez Lucas, you don't know how to properly handle things do you?" Benjamin sounded irritated. "It's unnecessary to care for things that no longer has a purpose" I swear on Beatrice, if these two fight again they'll be hearing from me.

Safe to say that didn't. They calmly stared at each other for a good two minutes before moving on to a different subject. Was this something that Keira had to endure for ten years? If so, then I feel sorry for her and Leilin. "Your favorite uncle is here!" The huge doors of the mansion swings open. Jeremy walked in, looking around when none of his nieces and nephews ran to him, "I thought only Dion and sister Medea left, did they take the kids too?" He talked to Roxanna.

"We're over here!" Benjamin waved his hand up so that he knew where we were. They walked to us and looked at us one by one, "Brighten up and don't pull a long face, we're gonna have fun until you're parents come back home"

That sounded so wrong. Super wrong. If he told that to another person then they might misunderstand him. But this was just the calm before the storm, chaos will ensue later.