Chapter 18

"Thank you for giving us some of your time, Lady Medea" Pysche Callista said as we left the restaurant, "It was a pleasure, please come with us to the mansion. I'd like to listen more to your story" My siblings and I waited patiently for their conversation to end while standing under scorching heat, the hat that I was wearing wasn't enough to protect my head from heating up.

"Lady Medea!" We looked to the side, another man was running up to her. Oh dear Lord, what now? "Heli" mom's expression softened as she opened her arms to greet him with a hug.

"Don't just run around yelling my name. People might think you're crazy" I looked over at Lucas but he was just as clueless as we were. "You're so mean. You didn't tell me you came back" he took mom's hand and placed it on his cheek, "Is that mom's past lover?" Leilin asked, "It seems like it" they were talking in whispers which isn't necessary considering the distance between us and the adults.

"I can't see why not. He's as good looking as dad" Benjamin said, "psh, dad's more good looking" I rolled my eyes at Lucas's answer "You're saying that because out of the four of us you're the one who looks like dad the most. You're too biased brother" Leilin agreed to my statement "are you saying he's more good looking than dad?" I laughed. "Of course not. Daddy's still the best"

We were too caught up in our own conversations that we didn't even realize the adults looking at us. We only stopped talking when mom introduced her friend to us, "Nice to meet you, Marquis" Leilin and I bowed at the same time, "It's nice to meet the young masters and ladies of Agriche. Please just call me comfortably" his smile was warm and his eyes showed nothing but softness, his silver shone under the orange ray of sunlight the covered the sky.

Looking at him this close, I wouldn't even question if he was once an ex lover. I do admit, my mother has taste. "Are they following us?" Leilin whispered, Lucas looked at where her eyes were and frowned.

I glanced at the direction where their eyes trailed to and I also became upset. Those three 'nobles' were standing a few feet behind us, whispering with one another.

"Don't stare at them" Benjamin placed an arm around my shoulder "How do you know it's them? You didn't even look" I stared up at him, "I have eyes behind my head" he smiled, he sounded so serious that I actually started to question it inside my head.

"Where's mom?" Lucas asked, realizing the adults were no longer there, "Did they go back inside?" Leilin tried to peek through the glass windows but to no avail. "Oh no we've been abandoned" Benjamin said, earning the 'take-this-seriously' look from Lucas.

"Let's wait, I'm sure mom wouldn't forget about us" And just then, the girls who were standing at a safe distance away from us were now right in our faces.

"Using the name of Agriche to scare my mother away? Isn't that identity theft?" She smirked smugly, like she said something that was praise worthy. I sighed deeply and just avoided her eyes. It'll be bad if things escalate.

"Hey, I'm talking to you" she waved her hand in front of my face in an attempt to get my attention. Benjamin clears his throat to divert her attention to him.

"Listen, we've been shopping the entire day and we're just tired. It'll be very much appreciated if you just leave us alone.. trust me she's scary when she's tired" He looked straight to her soul that she had to gulp before talking again.

"You're being confronted then suddenly you're tired? Please, you're too obvious" Benjamin was falling impatient, I glanced over his shoulder, to Leilin. Lucas had an arm over her shoulder, possibly acting as a barricade between Leilin and the soon to be victim to her words.

"Confronted about what? Being an Agriche? Well, it's not our fault these four came out" oh thank God. "Mommy" I immediately ran to her side, I don't want to look at that girl's face any longer. "We went inside for a few moments then suddenly my children are being cornered"Medea stood protectively in front of us while we found comfort with the three other adults.

"I-I didn't think they were-" "telling the truth? Well, sorry to rain on your parade but they are the children of my house. Of Agriche" she said it as if it was such an accomplishment to be born into that family. Well she's right of course.

"Mom, I'm tired. Can we just go?" I tugged on her sleeve, she hesitated at first but then nodded her head. She didn't even look back at them when we left.

"It hasn't even been a week yet and you already made yourself some enemies" Medea crossed her arms over her chest, it was just us again, the Cardinal, the Saintess and the Marquis rode the other carriage, "They were the ones being rude towards an elderly woman, Keira only spoke up for her, that girl's mom even tried to hurt our youngest" Medea's face darkened, she was emitting a very dark aura.

"You only wanted to tell me that now?" Her brows furrowed and Lucas turned to us for help.

"But brother stopped her so I'm fine. She was frozen in place when she heard who she'll be facing if she actually hurts me" I chuckled, I was nervous but it slowly seeped out me once mom's expression changed.

She looked relieved that we were fine but she also looked proud, very proud actually. "I see, then I was worried about nothing" she looked at us like we just earned an award. She smiled, her genuine smile. To others it may seem rare but to us, it's very common. No matter what we did she always looked proud like we just graduated from the academy with top marks.

"Yep, you don't have to worry about anything as long as we're around" Benjamin proudly pointed at himself, "oh dear, how will we ever live without you, big brother Benji?" Lucas said, imitating a female voice. We all laughed and even Benjamin let out a chuckle.

They'll be leaving soon though, they have to return to the academy again and soon, Leilin will have to participate in the entrance exam next year when she turns 13.

"I know what's in your mind" Lucas lightly nudges me, "Don't worry, we'll exchange letters everyday, even though we're apart, just tell us that something feels wrong then we'll be there before you know it" his words of reassurance made every nerve in me calm. I leaned my head on his shoulder, "thank you, brother"