[Chapter 1]

Oh Valentines day, one of the most beloved celebrations of the year. It's a day packed with heart, encouraging those love-stricken folks to cherish the ones they hold dear, by gifting them heart shaped sweets, and generic white teddy bears. From nervous young kids confessing to their crush for the first time, to old married couples proving their love can last for decades. It's a day of joy, and even if you find yourself alone, you can't help but hope that by next year, you'll have someone to call your own.

White air force ones hit the concrete, bringing with them a nobody. This cute ravenette couldn't get noticed if he tried, and he'd been trying for 17 years. He dressed nice today, too bad no one would notice. His blue slim fit mum jeans, white polo, and pink cardigan, made him look adorable.

He walked onto school grounds, feeling the buzzing excitement dripping off his peers. They loved Valentines day, and that was all because of the school they attended.

Upper Side Academy.

Principle Im Nayeon famously stated, "If a child is expected to attend school for 190 days out of the year, we can at least let them have a little fun." This 'fun' she's referencing, is celebrations, on every possible occasion. She's even been known to make up special holidays, when she thinks morale is low.

On Valentines, decorations go up, school work halts, and a heck ton of themed activities are planned. It's even encouraged for students to go all out on confessions; with grand gestures being a common sight for the day.

Kim Sunoo, our nobody, dreams about the day when he'll get his Cinderella moment. Each year he watches happily as his fellow students get showered in presents, and heartfelt words. He's jealous of them, of course he is, but he still found joy in watching other peoples happiness. So even though his moment was still to come, Valentines day wasn't something he dreaded. He actually counted down the days.

The halls were packed with giddy teenagers, gossiping about what they saw, or are yet to see. Sunoo wandered through those halls, admiring the heart shaped bunting hanging from the lockers. It was little things like that, which made they day extra special. He made his way to his locker, putting away some books, and taking out what was necessary.

"Have you seen it yet?" He heard a girl ask.

"No, but I saw it on Yeoreum's story." Another answered.

"You have to see it in person."

These types of conversations weren't uncommon to hear. The two girls quickly sprinted down the hall, with Sunoo briefly glancing at them as they left. There seemed to be quite a lot of people headed that way, which could only mean one thing. Some type of grand gesture must be set up, and Sunoo was not missing out on seeing this one.

Luckily his homeroom was in that direction, so he shut his locker, and got on the move.

He started to think about all the things it could be, recalling on the years prior. Like when that one kid serenaded his crush with a Justin Bieber medley. Or when that one girl built a mini petting zoo on the football pitches, because her crush loved animals. The scale varied, but they were always memorable. Even the ones that ended in disaster, like when that boy set himself on fire trying to do a fire dance for his crush. The girl rejected him, so all he got was third degree burns.

"Sunoo!"

Snapping out of his thoughts, the boy running towards him grabbed his attention. Jake Sim, his best friend, was a panting mess, immediately taking hold of his wrist.

"You have to see this!"

He found himself pulled down the corridor at lightning speed, unable to ask about what was going on. The brunette just kept running, until they reached a classroom far too familiar. It was room 108, better known as his homeroom. There was a large crowd of people gathered outside, all trying to either get in, or catch a glimpse of what was inside. Both boys were small enough to slip through the crowd, ducking under arms, successfully making it into the classroom.

They were instantly hit with the smell of fresh baked cherry pies. Sunoo's first thought was that someone had baked a sweet treat for their crush, and in that case, he would be ultra jealous, since cherry pies are his favourite food.

However, he continued into the room, finding out that it was far more than just that. Pastel pink heart balloons floated at the ceiling, each cord hanging a punctured coupon for half off Tteokbokki, coincidentally at his favorite Tteokbokki place.

There were hyacinth petals scattered across the floor, guiding to the teachers desk, where a huge bouquet of multicolored hyacinths lay. Sunoo slowly walked to the desk, his fingers gently running along the fragile petals. Hyacinths were his favourite flowers.

Finally, he glanced up, eyes meeting the white board in front of him. His mouth hung slightly open and his heart started to race. He read over every word, second guessing himself after every letter. Though, it never seemed to change.

"Kim Sunoo, you might think you're invisible, but I see you, and I always will."

He slowly backed away from the desk, taking another glance around the room. There were so many students, chatting, laughing, gushing about the gesture. They were taking videos, and pictures, all trying to work out who did this. There wasn't anyone here that Sunoo could think would do such a thing. Only Jake, but for one, they were nothing more than friends, and two, Jake was as shocked as him.

"This is a dream right." Sunoo muttered, voice full of disbelief. He pushed his arm towards Jake. "Pinch me, I need to wake u- Ow!" He whined, pulling back his arm. He rubbed the sore spot on his skin, now confirming, that this was in fact, not a dream. "What the hell is going on? Who did this?"

"I have no idea." Jake replied honestly. "Someone must really like you."

"But who would like me? Look around, no one even knows this gesture is for me, because they don't know who I am."

Jake was about to deny it, but gritted his teeth awkwardly, realizing his friend was right.

"Everyone out of my way!"

Both boys looked at each other, eyes widened. "No, not her, I need to get out of here." Sunoo panicked.

"There's no where to go." Jake frantically looked around the room, eyes locking on the window. "You have to jump."

"I'm not jumping."

"Don't be difficult."

Sunoo pouted, throwing his head into his hands. "I'm screwed aren't I?"

"Yeah, but at least you won't be a nobody anymore."