[Chapter 5]

"So no ones been flirting with you? Or even just talking to you? You're telling me, no one's shown any interest in you at all?" 

This was where several minutes of questioning ended up at. With Sunoo's lack of a love life, extremely embarrassing him.

"It sounds bad if you say it like that." Sunoo muttered shyly, a thin layer of blush spreading across his cheeks. "But yeah. This really came out of the blue."

"Wow that's crazy! I love it!" Wonyoung squealed, scrunching her face with excitement. "Someone must really like you, but is way too scared to confess! It's so adorable! And you're adorable! I can't believe we've never spoken before!"

Sunoo chuckled awkwardly, not really knowing how to respond to that. He didn't have much practice in talking to the popular kids, only Sunghoon, but he didn't count. It was pretty nerve racking really; he preferred being invisible.

"Have you thought about joining the cheer squad?" Wonyoung's question came out of no where, making Sunoo panic slightly.

"Uh- no, it's n-not really my thing." 

He wasn't sure if he should answer these questions honestly, since they could have easily been messing with him. Luring him in with kind words, and acting like they cared about him in the slightest, only to have not meant any of it, and laugh about him behind his back.

"You're really cute though, and I like you!" Wonyoung giggled cutely, latching onto Sunoo's arm. "You're mine now, and you're gonna try out for the cheer squad."

Sunoo didn't get a chance to freak out, before Wonyoung got shut down.

"He doesn't want to be a cheerleader, so leave him be." Jungwon stated, his voice cold.

"But Hyunseo quit the team, we're down a member. Just look at him Wonnie, he'd fit in so well with us."

"I agree." Gaeul interjected, receiving a rather harsh glare from Jungwon. "Sunghoon showed me a clip of him dancing one time, and he's really good. I bet he'd make a great cheerleader."

Sunoo snapped his head towards Sunghoon. "You did what?"

"It was cute video." Sunghoon replied innocently.

"Well it doesn't matter, because he doesn't want to be one." Jungwon groaned. He seemed to be getting really annoyed, which made Sunoo think that the boy didn't like him all that much. "Plus, you can't just go around adopting any cute boy you see. He's gained the tiniest amount of popularity, and once it fades, you'll go back to acting like he doesn't exist."

Those words stung, but Sunoo couldn't deny they held some truth.

"It's not like that." Wonyoung hissed, dropping her head onto Sunoo's shoulder, and squeezing his arm tighter.

"Ignore Jungwon, he's only mad because Jay's been ignoring him all day." Yujin whispered to Sunoo, loud enough for the brunette to hear. It was clearly intentional.

"He's not been ignoring me, he's been busy." 

Yujin erupted in laughter, that seemed far from playful. A thick tension fell over the two, with Jungwon biting down on his tounge.

"Busy...that's funny." She snickered, her tone becoming quite condescending. "Sure he's busy, it couldn't be anything else, could it?"

"You know what Yujin, I don't care what you think. Mine and Jay's relationship is none of your concern." Jungwon's voice was laced with venom, eye's full of hatred.

The girl only laughed again. "Relationship? I don't think you can call it that."

Is this really what it's like to hang out with the popular kids? If so, Sunoo needed to find a way to become invisible again, asap. 

____

The last bell of the day blared through the school, and Sunoo was more than happy to get out of this place. This day had been exhausting for him. He sighed whilst opening his locker, coming face to face with the bouquet of hyacinths again. Yes they were pretty, but they also brought a heaping ton of drama into Sunoo's life. He gently took out the bouquet, placing it under his arm, then shut the locker.

He met Jake outside the front of the school, the two heading home together. They lived really close, a single street separating their houses, so it wasn't uncommon for them to end up at a house that wasn't their own. Today they went to Jake's house, since Sunoo really wasn't feeling like explaining what happened at school to his mum's.

"Mum won't be back till 7, she's working late." Jake said, reading off a post it note that was stuck to the fridge. "Ayyy she left me money for pizza!" 

"Can we get stuffed crust? It's been a long day." Sunoo breathed out, dropping his bouquet onto the counter.

"We never need an excuse to get stuffed crust." Jake chuckled, grabbing one of the flyers stacked up behind the bread bin. "There's a good deal here, one large pizza and two sides. What do you fancy tonight?"

"I don't mind, I'll eat anything."

"Okay, give me a sec."

Jake left the kitchen to order the pizza, coming back a couple minutes later. Sunoo was pouring two cups full of diet coke, then slid the bottle back into the fridge. He handed a glass to Jake.

"Those flowers are pretty." Jake commented, taking the glass from Sunoo. The boy let out a groan, refusing to look at the flowers. "For the way you're acting, you'd think someone had cursed your whole family. Geez Sunoo, take the compliment."

"I get that the mystery person was doing something nice for me, but they could have at least let me know who they are. Even if it was just a secret between me and them. I don't think you realize how stressful this is for me. Everyone thinks I have the answers, when I know nothing at all." Sunoo ranted, sliding down to the floor. He brought his knee's up to his chest. "I wish this never happened to me."

Jake sat himself in front of Sunoo, crossing his arms, he rested them over the boys knee's. He held a gentle smile on his face, looking to his friend with understanding. "It's tough, I know. I don't want you getting upset about this when, like you said, it'll all blow over tomorrow. Lets just forget about it for now, and have a fun night, okay?"

"Okay." Sunoo mumbled, he felt his body pulled forward. Jake wrapped his arms around him, engulfing him in a warm hug.

"Better now?"

"A little."