[Chapter 19]

It was a surreal feeling, now knowing who his secret admirer is. These past few days of uncertainty and confusion, ended with a simple answer stemmed from pretty basic detective skills. One weight had been lifted off his shoulder, only for a new one to be piled on. He had more questions, and more confusion. Why did Lee Heeseung create this grand gesture? How did he know all of the things he loved? Was he ever planning on confessing without getting caught first?

Sunoo floated down the stairs, head engulfed in thoughts. He could only think about Heeseung, and found himself at odds with this revelation. Sure it was great to know his secret admirer was insanely handsome, popular, and nice, but that didn't mean he had feelings for him. Of course he could develop them in the future, and that's exactly the point, it takes time for these feelings to develop. Sunoo knows as much about Heeseung as every other person at that school.

There was too much on his mind. He wanted to take the victory, and not worry about the unanswered questions he now had. He was still at a party, so it was time to get back to the fun.

He scanned the hall as he reached the bottom of the staircase, recognizing the brunette just about to walk in the living room. "Gaeul!" He called out, and the girl spun around.

"I've been looking for you!" She exclaimed, walking over to the boy. "We're about to play a game, you should join."

The two made their way into the living room, where a group of kids had gathered at the sofa's. There was a bunch of paper on the table, ripped into small pieces, and a few pens scattered beside it. Sunoo took a seat with Gaeul on one of the sofas. He noticed Wonyoung passed out, leaning against Yujin's shoulder, who seemed to be more pissed off than usual. Jungwon was appearing similarly annoyed, which left Sunoo to assume that an altercation of some sort had taken place. 

The paper was distributed, with the announcement they were playing a guessing game. You write down the name of a famous person/character, then hand it to the person on your left. They'll then hold it above their head, and be able to ask a series of questions, until they guess correctly. The last person to guess has to down a drink.

The game began, and since Sunoo was on Gaeul's left, he got given her paper. The group went around in a circle, asking questions, and subsequently guessing who was written on their paper. Sunoo managed to figure out his person was Park Jinyoung, so was able to avoid downing the drink. He placed the paper on his lap, not thinking of it again, until a few rounds later.

It was down to four people now, still trying to work out who was written on their paper. Sunoo got a little bored waiting, and in turn, he started to fiddle with the paper in his lap. He looked down at it, folding it in different ways, even ripping off one of the corners. He read over the letters, admiring Gaeul's neat hand writing. It wasn't cursive, but she did connect the i and the n, like she had practiced cursive in the past and picked up the habit. 

Wait,

That couldn't be a coincidence.

How did he not realize? He'd been sitting next to Gaeul in class for two days, but it only hit him now. This writing. It was the same as on the whiteboard. Sunoo remembered it so vividly, he knew this wasn't a mistake. It had to be Gaeul. She was the one who wrote the message.

That left him with two options. Either Gaeul planned the gesture, or she was helping Heeseung with it. Nonetheless, it only added to Sunoo's confusion. Was this the reason Gaeul had been so welcoming? But more so, if Gaeul had known this whole time, was she the only one? 

"What's up? You look spooked." Gaeul turned to him, oblivious to Sunoo's break through.

"I-"

"This isn't even a character?! You just wrote whore! What is wrong with you?!" All attention fell on Yujin, who had jumped out of her seat. She looked livid, screaming at Jungwon. Wonyoung had now fallen onto Gaeul's lap, instantly waking up, and letting out a mix of incoherent grumbles.

"It's what you are, don't get mad at me." Jungwon scoffed, his smug tone fueling Yujin's anger

She threw the paper at Jungwon. "Well at least I'm not a dried up, bitchy poser, who no one even likes!"

The argument only got more heated from there, and Sunoo got increasingly worried about how it would end. Gaeul had laid Wonyoung down gently, making her way over, in attempt to stop the two. Yet, nothing was working, as that building tension had finally ruptured.

"Are you serious right now?!" 

Through all the drama, Sunoo could still recognize Sunghoon's voice. He sounded extremely angry, and despite their disagreement earlier, Sunoo still wanted to make sure he was alright. He glanced around the living room, but the blonde was no where in sight. He tore himself away from the group, heading through the crowd. He was just about to enter the hall, when he heard Sunghoon's voice again. Much louder this time.

"I told you to stay away from him, but you've only made it worse."

"I really didn't mean to. He was so certain, and I didn't know what to say."

That second voice. It was Heeseung's. 

This night was out of control, why was everybody fighting?

"I can't deal with this right now, I need some air."

Sunoo didn't get a chance to hide, with Sunghoon walking past the living room. Though, he didn't notice Sunoo, just storming down the hall. Heeseung appeared a few seconds later, evidently about to go after his friend. He did notice Sunoo, stopping in front of the boy.

"You need to talk to him, or at the least, he needs to talk to you."

There was no hesitation, that was all Sunoo had to hear.

____

My motivation has been super low recently, so I haven't really been interested in completing this story. I have half of chapter 20 done, so there should be a chapter for tomorrow. Though, from that point on, I'm not super sure if I'll be able to stick with daily uploads.

I'll try my best! Hope everyone has a lovely day/night🥰