[Chapter 4]

The halls were pretty empty, due to everyone either eating lunch, or partaking in the activities set up for Valentines. The two boys ambled side by side, in no rush to get to class. Sunoo found himself lost in thought once again, unable to keep his mind off what happened this morning. Was it really Lee Heeseung? Or was there someone else he just couldn't think of?

The blonde beside him noticed his internal suffering, giving him a little nudge to snap him out of his thoughts. "Some things are better left a mystery. How about you stop trying to work out who it was, and just be thankful that someone would do that for you."

"That's easier said than done." Sunoo groaned. "If someone did that for you, you'd want to know who it was. But then again, people confess to you all the time; you're use to it now."

"I get anonymous ones sometimes too. You just accept it, and move on." 

"Well I don't think I can move past this one."

Sunghoon just didn't understand, and how could he? He was already popular; it was normal for him to be in the lime light. Sunoo wasn't use to attention, nor having everyone gossip about him. Frankly, he hated it. He had gotten his special moment, the one he'd been dreaming about for years, but in reality, it was nothing like his dreams. He never imagined the person hiding their identity. Was it that shameful to admit they liked him?

A chuckle slipped past Sunghoon's lips, as he looked at the frustrated boy. "So you're really gonna chase this then? You want to know that badly?"

"Yeah, I really do. I'm not sure where to start, but with yours and Jake's help, I think we can figure it out." Sunoo replied, his determination coming through each word.

"If it's that important to you, then we'll have to give it a try." 

Sunghoon's switch in opinion made Sunoo smile, glad that his friend was willing to help. "Thanks, I appreciate it."

"Should we check out room 108? We've got seven minutes before class, that gives us enough time to look for clues." Sunghoon suggested, showing Sunoo the time on his phone.

"That's actually a good idea, lets go."

The two boys quickly made their way to room 108, heading inside the empty class. Everything was still set up from the morning, but it was all a little messier than before. The flower petals had been kicked all over the room, basically all the coupon's were gone, some of the balloons had been popped, and it no longer smelt like cherry pie. 

Sunoo glanced around the room, eyes meeting the white board. He noticed that Mrs Son hadn't wiped the message off yet. The more he stared at it, the more he realized how familiar the writing was. He'd seen it somewhere, definitely, but where? "Who's hand writing is that? I think I've seen it before."

Sunghoon came over to the white board, examining the writing. "I don't know, it could be anyone's."

The boy chose to ignore his gut feeling for now, whilst keeping it in the back of his mind. He traveled away from the board, searching the room for any sign of hope. Though, after several minutes, he found nothing.

"We should probably get to class." Sunghoon said.

He didn't want to give up on the search, but there wasn't any other choice. "Yeah we should."

____

It was almost ingrained in his mind now. Those letters, each written neatly, tons of care was put into writing that message. It wasn't cursive, but some letters did connect, like how they clearly had a habit of connecting 'i' to whatever letter came next. This was a good starting point, at least he had something to go off of.

"Hey Sunghoon, why are you sat on your own?"

Sunoo rolled his eyes. He was sat right next to the blonde. Two girls approached the table, neither had ever spoken to Sunoo, even though they'd sat on the same table all year. He hated how amused Sunghoon was by his invisibility, snorting at the girls question.

"I'm not." He chuckled, gesturing to the boy beside him.

The girls face dropped awkwardly, as she took her seat on the opposite side of the table.

This was the worst part about Sunghoon's popularity. When the teacher allows them to sit where ever they want, Sunoo gets stuck with the popular kids, who will do everything to pretend he's not there. Sunghoon won't let him sit somewhere else, so he just has to put up with it.

"How's your Valentines been Hoonie? I was surprised to see you haven't been on I've got the gossip today." The girl said.

This was Ah Yujin. She was on the cheer squad, as most popular girls are [can't beat cliche's], and she's absolutely gorgeous. Long black hair and a pretty smile, she was blessed in the gene department.

"It's been quieter than normal. Got a few gifts here and there, but that's it." Sunghoon replied casually.

"Ooh talking about gifts." The other girl pushed forward a small white box, with a red ribbon tied around it. "Here."

This was Kim Gaeul. She was another cheerleader, but was known for her down to earth and goofy personality. She may not speak to him, but Sunoo did enjoy her company.

Sunghoon took the box, carefully untying the ribbon, and opening it. Sunoo lent over to see that it was a set of six bespoke chocolates. 

A smirk curved Sunghoon's lips, as he shut the box. "And here's me thinking you didn't swing that way."

The girl scoffed. "I got chocolates for all my favourite boys, you're not special Hoon. Even if I did like boys, you wouldn't even be close to my type." She snapped, making a gagging sound after.

The two laughed it off, with Sunghoon tucking the box into his backpack. 

"Hey girlies."

The group looked over to see their final two table mates approaching arm in arm.

The leggy ravenette was Jang Wonyoung. Nicknamed the princess of the school, this cheerleader was perfect in every way.

The brunette beside her was Yang Jungwon. Captain of the cheer squad, he was known for having a somewhat complicated relationship with the popular footballer Jay Park.

Honestly, Sunoo didn't know much about them. They were super intimidating, so he tried his best to avoid them at all costs.

"Oh my goodness! Kim Sunoo!"

Doesn't look like he can avoid them anymore.

Wonyoung's eyes widened, rushing over to the table. She took the seat on the other side of Sunoo, staring at the boy like he was some celebrity. "You have to tell me who set up that gesture for you."

"Wait? What's going on?" Yujin asked, cocking a brow.

Jungwon took the spot next to her, glancing across the table, he looked Sunoo up and down rather judgingly. "He's the boy everyone's talking about. The one with the secret admirer."