[Chapter 13]

Sunghoon spotted the ravenette walking to class, jogging up from behind him. "Hey, how come you ditched Jake at lunch? He was miserable without you."

"I didn't ditch him." Sunoo groaned with a slight attitude. "Wonyoung forced me to have lunch with her." He re-positioned the books in his arms, glancing to the boy beside him

"So that's why you're in a bad mood too?" Sunghoon raised his brows, meaning it in a playful way. But when Sunoo rolled his eyes, it was clear he didn't really want the blonde around him right now. "Okay cut it out already, I'm not the enemy here. What's with the attitude?"

"I'm sorry okay, can we just talk later?" Sunoo sighed, steps quickening as he approached his classroom. He hoped Sunghoon would get the hint, but the blonde kept following him. When he reached the door, he swung around, looking at Sunghoon with pleading eyes. 

Sunghoon stared back at him, conflicted yet understanding. "Have a good class then."

"You too."

Sunoo didn't look back as he entered the classroom, quickly settling in his seat. Of course he felt bad about brushing Sunghoon off like that, and giving him a bit of attitude, but life was stressful at the moment. He was basically Wonyoung's new doll, and Jungwon's new enemy, whilst still also being the talk of the school. It was inevitable that it would all get too much for him.

____

The final bell couldn't have rung soon enough. The exhausted boy trudged out of his maths class, heading to his locker to retrieve everything he needed for the weekend. To his surprise, a familiar brunette was leaning against his locker, mindlessly scrolling through his phone.

He cleared his throat, catching Jake's attention. "Aren't we meant to be meeting out front?"

"I guess, but I was passing by, and thought it would be nice to wait for you."

Sunoo couldn't hold back his smile, completely out of relief. From his brief conversation with Sunghoon, he would have assumed Jake was mad at him. However, that was obviously not the case, as Jake smiled back at him.

"Alright, just let me grab a few things from my locker." Jake nodded, moving aside, giving Sunoo access. He swiftly took out the books he needed, and replaced them with what he didn't. He then carefully put them in his bag, making sure he didn't crush any of the loose papers he had gotten from his classes. 

He was about to shut his locker, when he spotted that small camera Jiwon had given him. Saying he forgot it at school would be a great excuse. It was something she couldn't argue with, and it would get him out of their little deal. Yes, he wanted to know who his secret admirer was, but did he want to record all of the popular kids against their will? No. After a moment of lingering over the object, he reluctantly took it out, throwing it into his bag.

"Ready to go?"

Sunoo shut his locker. "Yep."

It was officially the start of the weekend, so they didn't want to waste another second in that school. The two boys hurried outside, meeting Sunghoon at the front gates. From there, they started their short journey home, doing as usual. They talked about their days in detail, and discussed upcoming projects, whilst Sunoo stayed pretty silent, not feeling up for the conversations. Talking about his social life was the last thing he wanted to do right now.

About half way into their journey, Jake received a call from his mum, telling him to come home. Apparently his aunt from Australia had come for a surprise visit, and now he was summoned to spend time with her [Something he wasn't too pleased about.] Even though he didn't want to go, he didn't have a choice.

The three of them continued their walk, splitting off as they reached Jake's house. The boy said his goodbye's, and the other two wished him luck. They knew what Jake's aunt was like. If you enjoyed being around someone who was extremely over bearing and annoying, then she was the woman for you.

Sunghoon's house was only down the street from Jake's, so it didn't take long for the boys to arrive. They were instantly greeted by Sunghoon's dalmatian puppy, Whisper. He'd been given the name due to a mutation in his vocal cords that didn't allow him to bark. Lets just say, the Park family never received noise complaints.

The little dog jumped up at Sunghoon, who scooped him up into his arms. Sunoo rushed over excitedly, patting the cute animal, squealing as Sunghoon pushed the dog forward, so he could lick Sunoo's nose. 

Sunoo pouted, wiping his nose with his sleeve. "I don't spend a ton of money on face cream, for your dog to lick if off." He played up his annoyance.

"Aww you can't be mad at him, just look at how iddy biddy cutesy wootsy he is." Sunghoon switched into a baby voice, Whisper's little tail wagging at the change. "Here, Whisper go to mummy."

Sunoo scoffed, taking the puppy into his arms. "And why am I his mummy?"

"Well I'm his dad, and Jake's his uncle, so if you're my wife, then that make's you his mummy." Sunghoon smirked, suddenly breaking into laughter at how Whisper backed him up. At the final comment, the puppy became restless, desperately trying to shower Sunoo in 'kisses.' "See, he loves him mummy."

"Okay enough little one." Sunoo giggled, gently placing Whisper onto the carpet. He quickly got distracted by hearing Sunghoon's mother coming to the hall, running towards the sound. "I'm not your wife."

"Well not yet-"

"Hey boys, how was school?" Sunghoon's mother entered the hall, picking up Whisper on her way in.

"It was good, how was your day?" Sunghoon replied, now removing his shoes and backpack. Sunoo did the same.

"Busy, but not too bad. I just want to relax tonight though, so we'll probably order some food." She said, and the two boys nodded. "Where's Jake?" Her eye brows furrowed, noticing the missing boy.

"His aunt's come for a surprise trip." Sunoo answered.

She shook her head, letting out an irritated chuckle. "Oh God, tomorrows going to be hell. That woman can talk; I don't think even laryngitis could stop her."

All three of them laughed, agreeing with that sentiment. As the laughter died down, Sunghoon's mothers eyes flickered over Sunoo, she grappled with the idea that she may be forgetting something. Then it hit her.

"How could I forget?" She gasped, eye's widening as she remembered. "I was so busy today, I never went to the store. So I haven't got any cherries."

"It's not a problem Mrs Park." Sunoo assured politely.

"No, I make you cherry pie every Saturday! I'll have to run out to the store-"

"We can go for you." Sunghoon interjected, turning to Sunoo, who nodded in approval.

The women held a sweet smile, leaning forward to press a kiss on her sons forehead. "Thank you darling. While you're there, you can pick up some of the other stuff I need. I'll write a list."

____

Dogs or cats?

I'm mostly a cat person, but I grew up having both, so I like both.