[Chapter 3]

Sunoo was no longer a nobody, that's for sure.

He was the talk of the school, everyone wanting to know who his secret admirer was. No one even cared about what the person did for Sunoo; it was the mystery that had them hooked. Of course this wasn't the first case of anonymous valentines day confessions, but because of how rare they were, it got everyone over excited.

He'd been questioned all day, by people who didn't know he existed until a few hours ago. It was really strange. He used to be able to walk around without anyone noticing him, but now, it was the complete opposite.

Luckily for him, lunch had rolled around. He could finally get a break from all the stares and questions he couldn't answer. He met up with Jake after class, the two heading to the farthest end of the football field. Just at the edge of the forest, which was out of bounds for students, they sat under a grand oak tree. 

"How was history?" Jake asked, planting himself down on the grass. He lent against the tree, whilst pulling out his pre packed lunch from his bag. 

Sunoo sat across from him, unscrewing the cap of his orange juice. "Well Mr Jeon put on love actually, then fell asleep. So I got grilled by all the kids around me."

"You know your fame is actually spreading to me now." Jake said, taking a bite of his cheese sandwich. "Jang Wonyoung has never spoken to me in my life. I remember once in registration, the teacher called my name, and she went 'Who? We don't have a Jake in our class.' " Sunoo chuckled at Jake's impression of Wonyoung. "Keep in mind, that was half way through the school year. Anyway, she came up to me, asking about you. Somehow people know we're friends, and think I know more than you."

"It can't be helped I guess, they're nosy. It'll die down in a few days, they won't stay that interested for long."

"True, but what are we gonna do about it?"

Sunoo pursed his lips as he thought. "I don't know." He fidgeted slightly, moving to sit with crossed legs. "I'm really trying not to think about it, but I really wanna know who did it."

"Well at least we've got one candidate. Lee Heeseung-"

"No, It can't be him." Sunoo shut him down, brushing off the idea. "It's more likely someone's messing with me, than it being Heeseung."

Jake shook his head. "But he winked at you, that's gotta mean something." He said, receiving only a groan from Sunoo. "Come on, we have nothing else to go off of."

"Ugh, you're right." Sunoo sighed, throwing his head back in frustration. "Why did they have to be anonymous?!"

"Because they don't want you to know who they are."

Sunoo snapped his head forward, eyes meeting the tall blonde in front of him. The boy was glistening, beads of sweat running down his face from playing football only moments ago. He had a charming smile plastered on his face, staring down at Sunoo with a knowing look.

"Wow I would have never guessed!" Sunoo replied sarcastically.

The blonde chuckled, taking a spot on the grass between the boys. This was Park Sunghoon, his other best friend. Though unlike Sunoo and Jake, he was far from a nobody at that school.

"He's in a bad mood I see." Sunghoon said, glancing to the brunette beside him.

Jake nodded with wide eyes, offering up Sunghoon one of his sandwiches, the boy accepted. "We're trying to work out who the mystery person is. We have one lead at the moment, and we kinda need your help."

"Okay, who do you think it is?" Sunghoon asked, taking a bite of the sandwich.

"Lee Heeseung."

Immediately Sunghoon started chocking, Jake rushing to pat the boys back. Sunoo's face flushed red, letting out another groan. That was not a good sign, it probably wasn't Lee Heeseung, and it was embarrassing to assume he would go after someone like him.

"Why- What- Lee Heeseung? Really?" Confusion laced Sunghoon's voice.

"I knew it wasn't him." Sunoo cried out dramatically, dropping his face into his hands. 

"No, it could be. I'm just...shocked."

"Well he winked at Sunoo this morning, right after denying he knew anything about the gesture." Jake explained, with Sunghoon's confusion growing more. "Could you maybe ask him about it? don't say anything specific. Just poke around a little, to see if he knows anything."

"You should have asked me a minute ago, we were on the pitch together." 

The boys looked over to the now empty football pitch. The boys normally play some casual football during lunch, and it seems that they had all departed now.

"I'll ask at practice tonight." Sunghoon added, referring to his actual football practice. He was on the official school team alongside Heeseung. 

"What if it is really Heeseung? That would be really cool, yeah?" Jake's excitement grew, letting out a few giggles. "Imagine the most popular boy at school likes you."

"No, I really don't think it-" Sunoo tried to deny it, but Sunghoon cut him off.

"If it is Heeseung, how would you feel?"

He turned to the blonde, brows furrowed slightly. The boy was mostly expressionless, with just a hint of curiosity behind his eyes. He seemed to be waiting for an answer, which made Sunoo more nervous, since he didn't have one.

"I guess, it would be weird. I don't know." He muttered, pouting slightly, he turned away from Sunghoon. "He's really handsome, and...he's nice. He's way out of my league though."

"Oh that's all about perspective! I think you two would look really good together. Don't you think so Hoon?"

Sunghoon just hummed, returning the half eaten sandwich to Jake. He jumped to his feet, reaching out a hand towards Sunoo. "We've got English, come on."

"Hey! There's still ten minutes till lunch is over!" Jake whined.

"And? I like to be early."

Sunoo hesitated, but eventually took the boys hand. Once on his feet, he threw his back pack over his shoulder, then gave a little wave to Jake. "I'll meet you out front at the end of the day."

"Lets go."

He felt himself forcefully turned around, and gently pushed forward. He rolled his eyes, walking on his own now. Sunghoon never cared about being early before.