[Chapter 8]

It was currently lunch, but Sunoo had no desire to eat. He was actually certain he'd throw up at any moment now. He walked towards the football pitch, not to meet Jake at their regular spot, but to try out for the cheer squad. He could see the girls gathered in their usual practice spot, off on a patch of grass, next to the football pitch.

Wonyoung spotted the boy first, skipping over to him excitedly. She hooked her arm under his. "Yay! you came! I've missed you all day!"

"It's good to see you too." He replied awkwardly. Talking to popular kids was still a work in progress. With Wonyoung's guidance, he made it over to the group quickly. Becoming the center of attention in an instant.

The cheerleaders all wanted to know more about Sunoo, so a loud chatter broke out. Some had never noticed him before, but were now cooing over his cuteness. Some were curious about valentines, asking about whether he knew who his secret admirer was. Some were being possessive, scratch that, Wonyoung was being possessive, making sure everyone knew Sunoo was hers.

"Shut your mouths! You're gonna give me a headache!"

The chatter stopped immediately, showing Jungwon's true power. His stone cold expression sent a chill down Sunoo's spine. This was over before it even started, there was no way he was going to win over Jungwon. The boy hated him.

"Girls on the grass!" He commanded, and all of the girls followed the order. They sat down in two rows, leaving only Jungwon, Sunoo, and Wonyoung standing. Jungwon sent an icy glare to Wonyoung, but she didn't seem phased. "Go sit with the rest of them."

"I want to stay with Sunoo, he's probably really nervous." She said, holding her own against Jungwon.

The boy was not happy. "He should be nervous, that proves he wants to be on the team. Stop being ridiculous, and go sit down."

"I'm staying with Sunoo." She insisted.

"So what, you're gonna cheer with him too?"

"Maybe I will."

Jungwon clearly had a habit of biting his tounge, and that wasn't surprising, when you see the type of people he hung around with. Wonyoung's stubbornness really riled him up, as he grabbed the music player from one of the girls laps, and threw it at Wonyoung. She let go of Sunoo's arm to catch the heavy item.

 She pouted her lips, and whined. "Hey! You could have hurt me or Sunoo!"

"You're in charge of the music." Jungwon ignored her, and continued to ignore the little grumbles she let out whilst sitting down. Now it was just him and Sunoo, his intimidating stare fell on the ravenette. "You're required to complete three of the school sanctioned cheers, and then the squad will vote on whether you're good enough to join the team. You've prepared three cheers, right?"

"No, I didn't know I had to." Sunoo muttered, noticing the instant change in Jungwon's expression. It was only for a second, but that cold exterior slipped, and he actually looked pleased.

"Well you can't try out then. We only want people who are serious about this sport, and you're clearly not."

"Oh come on Jungwon, cut him some slack, he didn't know!" A girl yelled from the grass. Sunoo looked over to see it was Gaeul, who was sat next to Wonyoung.

"Exactly, let him do something else!" The girl beside her added.

"No, he didn't follow the rules. It doesn't matter if he didn't know." Jungwon's tone grew more frustrated.

"Stop being such a tight ass Jungwon." Yujin snickered. "It's why you get no where with-"

"Yujin!" Gaeul slapped the girls thigh, stopping her from causing any unnecessary drama.

Though the damage had been done, Jungwon looked like he was about to kill her. 

"Sunoo's a good dancer, let him do a dance performance instead." Gaeul continued, hoping to stop the fight that was about to break out. "Are you up for that Sunoo?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess."

"Great! He'll do a dance instead!" Wonyoung cheered.

Jungwon turned away from the group, closing his eyes, and taking in a deep breath. Once he had composed himself, he came back over.

"We haven't got any music for him to dance to, it's all cheer music."

Wonyoung flipped through the Cd's trying to find anything that could work, but it was no use. It would be a struggle for even professional dancers to improv to cheer music.

"See, there's nothing we can do. Now if you don't mind Sunoo, we've got other places to-"

"I know love it is such a funny thing."

Jungwon's jaw dropped. "You're not seriously gonna sing for him."

"You said he needed music; here's the music." Gaeul stated un-apologetically. She sent Sunoo a reassuring smile, which unexplainably, boosted his confidence by just a tiny bit.

She'd seen the video, so she knew that Sunoo loved this dance.

"This is a stupid id-"

"A mystery allure, gotta get to know you more."

Wonyoung sung that time. The two girls looked at each other, then to Yujin, the three of them carried on together.

"Cause I, I can feel a real connection. A supernatural attraction-ah. I got the feels for you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

Jungwon literally gave up, rolling his eyes, he walked over to the girls, sitting down with the group. All of the girls started to join in now, and Wonyoung made a gesture for Sunoo to dance. 

He was freaking out, of course he was. Though, he was actually taken aback by how sweet this whole gesture was. They really wanted to give him a chance. It made him feel wanted, and that's a feeling you can't beat.

He danced his heart out, shocking everyone with how good he actually was. By the end of the routine, Wonyoung came running up to him, and gave him a big hug. Gaeul ruffled his hair, and said he did a good job. While Yujin began the voting procedure, encouraging everyone to let him on the squad. He knew she was only doing that to annoy Jungwon.

And there it was, Sunoo was now the newest member of Upper Side Academy's cheer squad. He actually felt quite proud of himself. He could have never had the courage to try out for something like this before, and to actually succeed, it felt like a dream.

"Welcome to the squad Sunoo! Let me treat you to lunch!" Wonyoung said, interlocking hers and Sunoo's hand. The two of them, plus Yujin and Gaeul, left the group, heading towards the cafeteria. He didn't know where Jungwon went.

"You don't have to do that, I brought something from home." He replied, hearing Wonyoung groan.

"Aww, okay then. At least eat with us." 

It was a nice offer, wasn't it? he couldn't refuse. He nodded, and Wonyoung did a little jump out of excitement. He giggled at his friend? they must be friends now, but her cuteness almost stopped him from seeing a tuft of blonde hair poking out of the bushes. 

Jiwon really was everywhere. 

____

A twice song, how fitting. It's actually my birthday today and I share it with Dahyun! Also I know them all singing for Sunoo is a little cringe, but I'm hoping it's cringe in a good way. Like cringe because it's sweet if you know what I mean.

Hope everyone's having a good day/night🥰