[Chapter 10]

Sunoo's leg swung off the end off his bed, back and forth, with no thought. The pain from his injury had faded, the soggy tea towel discarded in his hamper. He felt much cleaner now, being in fresh clothes. His over sized tee, and grey shorts, more comfortable than the wet clothes of prior. 

The bathroom door squeaked open, then closed. Sunghoon appearing a few seconds later. In a black hoodie, and matching black joggers, he ambled into the room, ruffling his damp hair with a clean towel. 

"Can I ask you a question?" The blonde didn't look at Sunoo, instead, he stared out of the window. At the gloomy sky, that was dark and clouded. Droplets of rain running down the slightly foggy glass. 

"Sure." Sunoo's voice was quiet, coming out as almost a whisper.

He hesitated. "Would you have rathered the gesture never happened?"

Now that was a tricky question, but Sunoo was more confused to why Sunghoon was asking it. He thought the boy was sick of talking about the gesture, since he constantly told Sunoo to move past it. Though, he must have some interest in it, to want an answer to that question.

So much had changed over these past two days, all because of that gesture. It was hard at first, but just like everything else in life, it started to get easier. He'd gained attention, friends, a sprinkle of popularity, but in reality, none of those things were actually bad. His opinion could easily change at any moment, but for now, Sunoo couldn't say his life had changed for the worse.

"Someone did something really nice for me, and I appreciate that. So, my answer is no." 

The pitter patter of rain, was accompanied by the creaking of the floor. The bed dipped beside Sunoo, feeling a shoulder brush against his own. He looked to the blonde, who was still avoiding eye contact. His stare fixed to the wardrobe directly in front of him.

"That person is anonymous right now; you have no idea who they are. If that person revealed themself to you, would you have someone in mind?" 

"What do you mean by that?"

Sunghoon let out a deep breath, similar to someone pushing away their nerves. "As in, do you want it to be a certain person so much, that if it wasn't them, you would be disappointed?"

This didn't feel like a casual conversation; there was something much deeper to it. Sunoo sensed it in the blondes tone, and body language. He was tense, and his voice came out somewhat shaky, almost anxious. This transcended over to Sunoo, who in turn, started to feel nervous too.

"I-

"Boys! Dinners ready!"

Sunghoon immediately shot up, shaking out his hands. He sucked in a deep breath, mustering up a smile, and turning to the ravenette. "Forget it."

"But-"

"I'm starving, lets go already."

"...okay."

____

"Off, off, off, you're not coming in here soaking wet."

Sunoo glanced down the hallway, at his friend, who was basically being forced to strip at the front door. It's a good thing Sunoo's mum was like his own, or that would have been really weird. Jake's flushed face could been seen from the distance, as he removed his wet clothes, in clear embarrassment. Sunoo couldn't help but laugh, he left the hall, allowing the boy to get changed in peace.

He entered the dinning room, meeting Sunghoon once again. The blonde was already sat at the six seater table, waving Sunoo over, like that conversation didn't just happen. He wasn't sure why Sunghoon's questioning struck him the way it did, but he felt confused.