lux ex tenebris

note i forgot to mention at the beginning of the book:
seeing as this is a book delving into the story between gojou and megumi, there will be manga spoilers. most of the book will be original content, but there will be mentions of the two's backstories.

"SATORU GOJOU, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE?!"

Satoru Gojou, the most powerful sorcerer in the world. Otherwise known as (M/N)'s former best friend. He stood on the balcony above the angry (H/C) haired man, grinning cheekily. "Is that any way to greet a former lover AND the guy that just saved your student?" Gojou taunted him, making sure Tadashi was secure in his arms. "By the way, you did a crappy job with this curtain. If the kid was able to break through, imagine what I could do! What a curse could do!"

(M/N) grumbled and rolled his eyes. "I was in a rush!" He argued, grabbing one of the light poles and quickly scaling up it. He jumped from the pole to the balcony, landing in front of Gojou and Tadashi. "Now, hand over my kid and get off my island," he demanded, glaring at the man with a deadly gaze.

Gojou clicked his tongue and sighed. "I wish I could, Sunshine, but I can't," he said as he handed Tadashi to (M/N), who began to feverishly check the young boy for injuries. "You're needed back-"

"No."

(M/N) jumped down from the balcony, tightly clutching Tadashi to his chest. The little boy looked up at his teacher and signed in JSL, 'Friend?' (M/N) laughed and shook his head. "No, Tadashi, definitely not. He's an old.. co-worker," he answered, smiling bitterly. Tadashi nodded and rested his head against his teacher's chest.

"He can see 'em, y'know."

(M/N) whipped his head behind him and glared at Gojou. "Stop teleporting. And I'm aware, but it doesn't matter," he replied. He glanced at Tadashi, then said, "I wouldn't allow another child to step near this profession- near this world."

"You're setting him up for death."

(M/N) inhaled deeply and exhaled. He waved his hand, knocking down the curtain he had created around the area. "Tadashi, run inside, alright?" He said to the boy, setting him on to the pavement. Tadashi nodded and quickly ran off, leaving (M/N) to turn to Gojou with angry eyes. "He won't die, because I'm here. This is my home now, and I plan to protect it with my life," he declared as he marched up to his old friend and jabbed his finger in his chest. "And I made it clear that when I left, I did not want to be followed or found. So, why, Satoru, are you here after all this time?"

Gojou gazed down/up (depending on your height) at his old friend, smirking. "Well, remember that lil friend of yours back in Tokyo that got you in trouble back in our first year?" He asked, crossing his arms. (M/N) immediately loosened up and backed up, glaring back warily. "Well, long story short, he's dead, and we need help-"

"He's dead?" (M/N) replied in disbelief, trying not to express the sudden rush of emotion in his body. He quickly pulled himself together and huffed. "I don't see what I'm needed for, then. You're Gojou, and you've got all of Jujutsu Tech with you," (M/N) scoffed, turning back around. "You don't need me, so just get off the island and-"