veritas nunquam perit

"(M/N)?"

"(M/N)?"

"Toji?"

The two men stared at each other with wide eyes. Toji looked (M/N) up and down, then looked around the room. "Where.. where the fuck am I?" He asked before looking down at his body, where there was a giant hole in his side. "How am I here? I thought I died out in front of that dickwad Gojou.."

(M/N) slowly sat down next to his old friend with a sigh. "That dickwad Gojou brought me here to resurrect you," he answered. Toji quirked an eyebrow. "Enough electric shock is enough to reanimate the dead for short periods of time, apparently. Hence.. why you're here, Toji."

Toji hummed and scratched his head. "Huh. Weird," he muttered. "Well, if I'mma die again soon, we gotta catch up. You've gotta be.. what, eighteen now, right?"

(M/N) sadly smiled and shook his head. He pressed a hand to Toji's arm. "I'm twenty now," he said. Toji's face fell a bit, but he shrugged after. "Listen, Toji, there's a reason they wanted me to bring you back. They said.. that you have an heir now. Is it true?"

Toji nodded with a shrug of his shoulders. "Yep."

"Can you tell me about him?"

"Hmm.." Toji hummed, dazedly looking around again. "You first. What have you been doing all these years?"

"Toji-"

Toji grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight. "C'mon, kid," he said seriously. "Don't let me die again without knowing you've been okay."
(M/N) looked at him with a look of surprise, and the man huffed. "My one regret was never trying to find you after everything happened. When I saw that you weren't with those idiots at the second encounter I had with them, I figured you had ditched 'em. I just wondered where you had gone to. Maybe I could've found you and recruited you - became friends in this lifetime again, y'know," he dryly chuckled.

(M/N) stared at him in surprise, then softened his gaze and smiled bittersweetly. "I, uh.." he whispered weakly, sad to know this would end soon. "I ran off after some stupid school event in the beginning of my second year. I robbed the school of some money and took off to Okinawa. Got a house, opened a daycare. I just.. got to enjoy a peaceful life for a few years," he explained shortly. That really was all there was to the story - no need for the nitty-gritty details.

Toji smiled a little and crossed his arms. "Why didn't you stay living that life then?" He asked. "Why come back here to resurrect me?"

(M/N)'s smile grew a little. "When Gojou mentioned you had a heir you left behind, I'll admit that I got a little excited," he admitted. Toji chuckled. "I wanted to make sure the kid got a good start."

"I appreciate that, kid," Toji said. "I'll admit.. I was a scumbag when it came to that kid. I guess this will answer your question that you resurrected me for, but I sold him to the Zenin clan," he explained. (M/N)'s eyes shot open, but before he could begin to scold his friend, Toji added, "The kid has immense cursed energy. He'll be an amazing sorcerer with the right training - even if it has to come from them. Because I.. knew I wouldn't be able to give him what I never had."
(M/N) softened up. Toji continued. "The kid's name is Megumi. He has a step-sister named Tsumiki, 'cause I dipped on his mom and started banging hers. I'll write down the name of the school I had them enrolled in before I, y'know, died. Do what you want with them," he bluntly stated, searching for something to write with.