vita nova

the way conan gray's new song fits this book so well??? ITS LITERALLY CALLED MEMORIES PLEASE

"Hey. Who are you two?"

The two men quickly turned around and looked down at the ground. There stood two young children - a boy with spiky black with steely dark blue eyes and some plain clothes, and a girl with brown eyes and brown hair, swept into a ponytail with long bangs framing her face, dressed in a neat pink and yellow outfit. (M/N) smiled and waved politely. "Hi, I'm (M/N) (L/N) and this is my friend, Satoru Gojou," he introduced them.

"I'm Tsumiki Fushiguro, and this is my little brother, Megumi Fushiguro," Tsumiki returned, smiling sweetly as she squeezed Megumi's shoulder.

"Step-brother," the boy emphasized grumpily. (M/N)'s heart broke a little when he saw the saddened look on Tsumiki's face, but came back too when Megumi said, "Why are you guys here, and why did I hear you guys talking about us?"

"Well, you see-"

"Megumi, your dad is from the Zenin Clan, a powerful clan of jujutsu sorcerers! But he left the clan to have you," Gojou cut (M/N) off, wiggling his hands dramatically. "You're a special child because your father was saving you as a trump card to use against the clan. It's irritating, isn't it?" He asked, a stupid grin across his face. (M/N) gasped and elbowed him harshly. "Ow! (M/N)-!"

Megumi's expression changed to one of physical annoyance and disgust. "Okay and? I haven't seen him in years," he answered with a scoff.

"Megumi, don't be so rude," Tsumiki chided him. She looked up at the men and nervously tried to speak to them. "I'm sorry, but Megumi has a point. We haven't seen our parents in.. a while. Why are you two here now?"

(M/N) squatted down to their level and smiled kindly. "We know it's hard to believe, but I spoke with your father. He asked me to take care of you two," he answered honestly. He had learned a lot about kids throughout the years, and one thing he learned was that kids like Megumi were good at detecting lies. No point in trying to lie to him. Megumi's eyes widened a bit before going serious once again. "Besides, if your parents are gone, then you can trust us to provide you both a good home, safety, food-"

"I don't care about that stuff," Megumi stopped him, tightly gripping Tsumiki's hand. "As long as Tsumiki and I are safe together, we don't need your safety. We're going home."

Gojou stepped up. "C'mon kid, didn't ya hear me earlier?" He said. "You've been sold to the Zenin clan; they're gonna come snatch you up if we don't-!"

"Nope, goodbye."

(M/N) sighed and watched Megumi drag Tsumiki away. He stood back up and heard something clatter to the ground. "Ah, damnit, the chain fell out," he muttered, reaching down to pick up the chain Toji had gifted him earlier. However, another set of eyes had landed on the chain. "Well, Satoru, I don't know what we should do-"