divide et impera

Megumi's movie training was a relative success; he was only bitten once, and after 7 hours of non-stop watching, Megumi was able to fall asleep while still imbuing the cursed dog doll with his energy

Megumi's movie training was a relative success; he was only bitten once, and after 7 hours of non-stop watching, Megumi was able to fall asleep while still imbuing the cursed dog doll with his energy. As (M/N) carried Megumi in his arms, up to his room, Gojou watched him with adoring eyes and said cursed dog doll in his own arms.
(M/N) laid the child down in his bed, murmuring soft good nights and tucking him in. Satoru whispered, "He did a good job today. He'll do even better tomorrow. And you did a good job today too, y'know."

(M/N) shrugged and straightened back up. "I didn't do anything special. You helped him the most with the explanations and plans and everything I just had to make sure he was safe around your chaos," he replied with a soft chuckle. He went to leave the room, but Satoru touched his arm to stop him. "Hm? Satoru?"

Satoru gazed at (M/N) - the way his (S/C) skin was bathed in the pale moonlight, his (H/C) hair, all that sappy shit. Before he could say something, they both heard a soft grumble and turned their heads. "Gimme.. puppy," Megumi murmured in his sleep, one of his eyes slowly drifting open to peek at the adults.

Satoru chuckled and nodded, putting the dog down next to the child. It panted happily and curled closer to Megumi, who smiled and mumbled something before falling asleep. When Satoru turned back around, (M/N) was already out the door, awaiting the white-haired man. Satoru grinned and walked out, then slid the door closed behind him. "Let's go to the forest," he whispered.

(M/N) raised an eyebrow and smiled a little. "What, like when we were kids?" He asked. Satoru nodded, stepping closer to his friend. (M/N) turned a bit pink and gulped. "Oh, you're serious. Satoru, w-we have to continue Megumi's training tomorrow, so we have to wake up early-"

"C'mon. Just for a little bit?"

The (E/C)-eyed man watched as Satoru held a hand out to him, his smile soft but mischievous. 'This man.. he's going to be the death of me,' he thought. He knew why Satoru had been acting the way he had the last few weeks - the guilt of their teenage years, wanting to make up the time between them that had been lost to Gojou and Getou's friendship. Perhaps there was something more, but (M/N) never wanted to think of that. Though, his mind did drift at times.

"Fine. Let's go."

So, the two ran and changed from their Jujutsu Tech uniforms into t-shirts and joggers, just like they would all those years ago. Then, they took off the down the side of the mountain the school sat upon, whistling silly little tunes or having random conversations while the trees and dirt breezed past them. At some point, they reached an opening in the treetop covers, which showed a perfect view of the night sky. "It's so pretty," (M/N) admired, staring up at the stars in wonder.

"Sure are," Satoru said as he took his glasses off, tucking them into his pocket. He looked at (M/N) and smiled. "Just like you, Sunshine."

(M/N) blushed once again and cleared his throat. "Listen, Satoru.. I appreciate the gestures and comments and all, but don't you think it's a bit much sometimes?"