clavis aurea

The next day, life had returned to normal at Jujutsu Tech

The next day, life had returned to normal at Jujutsu Tech. Everyone was completing their normal routines; (M/N) was getting the children ready for the day, Nanami and Gojou were out on missions, and everyone else was doing their staff duties - well, 'duties' being working together to fix the disasters made in the fights the night before.

(M/N) waited for Megumi and Tsumiki to exit their rooms, the two still brushing their teeth and freshening up. When Megumi did leave his room, (M/N) noticed the sour look on his face. "Megumi?" He asked, worried about the child. "Is something wrong?"

He looked at (M/N) and said, "Gojou's toothpaste choice for our rooms sucked. It tastes like a mint fairy threw up."

(M/N) blinked for a moment before laughing and covering his mouth. "I.. that's one creative way to put it," he snorted. Megumi gave a half smile, but it quickly dropped. After another second, he spoke.

"(M/N), can we go back to school soon?"

(M/N) stopped laughing and relaxed. Megumi looked up at him with a blank stare and added, "I like being here, and training is fun, but I miss school."

(M/N) smiled a little and put a hand on Megumi's back. "Really?" He asked, and the child nodded. "Y'know, you're probably the first kid I've ever heard say that. Most kids are glad to be outta there! But if that's what you want, then.. we'll work it out, alright?" He stated. Megumi smiled more and nodded, grabbing on to (M/N)'s wrist which held his back. (M/N) let his grip go and instead let the child hold on to his finger. At the same time, Tsumiki left her room. "There's the girl of the day!"

Tsumiki beamed up at (M/N) and asked, "I'm all done! What are we going to do now, (M/N)?"

He took their hands and began to walk them down the hall. "After breakfast, we'll be going out to the field to start training you two," he answered, nodding towards the duffel back across his back.

"Training? But I don't have a curse," Tsumiki questioned as Megumi nodded, the two sharing a confused glance.

"You need to be ready for anything, even without a cursed technique," (M/N) explained, turning a corner to take them to the dining hall. "C'mon, hurry and eat! The faster you guys finish, the faster we can start."

Megumi and Tsumiki shared an excited glance. "This should be fun," Megumi whispered, smiling a little bit as he hurried and followed (M/N).

~ ♡︎ ~

"Again!"

"But (M/NNNNN), we're so tired!" Tsumiki whined as she practically collapsed on to the grass. Megumi groaned and nodded, hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. The children had now been training for 2 hours non-stop. While Megumi was focusing on making shadow animals with his hands and had successfully summoned the demon dogs at least twice, Tsumiki was training with a bo-staff. (M/N) stood opposite of her with a staff of his own, a kind smile on his face.