War and Slaughter

One of us. One of us. One of us!

Nothing but sand. For miles! The rolling dunes seemed endless. Like a hypnotic maze, playing with your mind.

He flew long into the night, refilling at an oasis before flying on. The stars twinkling above him as the cool wind breezed over his body. Well...what he could feel of it anyways.

Riplash looked at his talons. Some of the only exposed flesh that he had on him. He tool a moment to look at his metel covered arms, how the metel melted into his body, never letting him feel again. It wasn't a gift, it was a curse. No matter what that bitch of a queen said.

War cries suddenly filled his ears, catching his attention.

Down below, hundreds of dragons in gleaming battle armor were fighting. Bashing each other with heavy clubs, slashing and stabbing, and burning each other as they fought.

He shook his head and sighed, watching as one viciously ripped the arms off another of their own species. Making them cry in pain before their throat was ripped open by the others claws.

"This isn't fighting. It's just a slaughter." He growled, staying high above the battle. Roaring fires illuminated the night sky, reflecting off his armor.

He snorted one more time before continuing his path. Flying away from the useless bloodshed.

The cries of war slowly got quieter. Dimming in volume till the only sign of a battle was the light of fire.

The sun slowly rose, and he was still flying. Far into the mountains now, the low light illuminating the beutiful green trees, trot of a deer, and the morning dew. Much better than the dead desert.

The air was cooler here. Not dry and airy like the desert, but more full, slightly humid. It was a wonderful relief for himself. Sure the desert felt nice, but he would always take a beach or forest over it any day of the week.

Exhaling, he relished in the air. How it felt so new, yet so old. He knew what forest air smelled like. He did quiet a few missions in the woods. But here....new land...new woods. It was all so....new.

He loved it. Though his facial expressions may bo show it, he definitely loves the new air he was in, gliding down till he was just over the ground, he trailed his talons through the field, feeling the vladesbof grass through his palms before flying into the air again.

"What a place." He said to himself. Thinking back to Sandstorm, how he did her that night. Yeah, he is definitely going to enjoy this continent.

His mind traveled as he flew, the mountains running by him in a blur. The vegetation slowly growing more and more wild as he neared the rainforest. The trees growing thicker and taller the closer he got. Soon he was forced to fly above the trees, due to it being to thick.

"No wonder why they would hide here. It is so fucking annoying to navigate." He growled, landing in a clearing with a powerful thump.

The trees towered over him as yhe shade slowly receading as the sun rose higher and higher into the sky.

He scanned his surroundings, observing every angle, shadow, and tree that surrounded him.

"Mmm, nothing." He growled, taking a few steps before listening again, craning his ears.

There.

Something besides the rustling of leaves. It sounded like...water? A river? Or maybe even a waterfall!

He hummed at the thought. Missing the massive waterfalls back on...that continent. Guess it did have its own plusses.

The sound got louder as his feet pulled him closer, pushing past vegetation until finally...there it was. A medium sized waterfall that gushed water. The crystal blue water pouring from an unknown source, creating a soothing sound.