Where Blood Meets Blade

Blood.

He coughed through the force of the blast. Clearing the debris from his lungs before standing up again.

Pieces of bone, armor and scales layed in every direction. Leading to the cause of such death.

Through the black dust, faint colors of gold and red armor shone through. Revealing more of the body to his sight.

He growled lightly, watching the being with tentative eyes.

A sword of golden flames suddenly swung at Riplash, aiming to cut his head clean off.

SHIT!

He mentally screamed, rolling out of the way as the blistering hot blade sliced through the air above him. Clearing the dust completely.

Exodus?!? What is he doing here? He thought, unsheathing his sword. Staring down the gold and red dragon.

Bright red shoulder pads, guantles, and chest plate followed by a gold and red helmet with two long horns adorning that top of his helmet facing forward. As well as his natural black horns facing back behind him. A spiked club tail adorning the Ned of his long tail. His body frame was big. Being as tall of Riplash, but longer from tail tip to nostrils.

"This is perfect." The smooth, deep voice of Exodus spoke. "The greatest assassin. So called "impossible to find". Well I guess not impossible." He chuckled.

"What are you doing here? I'm busy doing my job." Riplash snarled, brandishing his own sword.

"Exactly why I'm here. Her majesty lost her connection with you, signifying your separation. You can guess why I'm here." He responded, raising his weapon in an act for battle, glowing runes lined the sword. Giving the sword its power.

A Sun Blade! He realized. A blade infused with the power of the sun. A mighty weapon known to cut through just about anything!

Riplash snarled, getting into stance.

"If you expect an easy win..." He dragged the tip of his blade across the black stone ground. "Then I garentee you won't get such pleasure of victory!" He cried, swinging his sword before dashing at Exodus, dodging a swing from his enemy before slamming the hilt of his sword into the face plate of his enemy. Leaping aside another swing before jumping into the air, dodging a swing from Exodus's spiked club tail, watching as it created a small crater in the ground.

"Damm your slow!" Riplalsh taunted. Doing another swipe of the blade, striking Exodus's back leg.

Exodus returned the attack, backhanding Riplash away before swinging the blade blown to cleave Riplash in half.

He rolled out of the way as the sun blade sunk into the ground. Steam sizzling through the ground before lifting the weapon out, leaving a black glass in its wake.

I need to disarm him. That blade can cut through me and my armor in seconds! He thought, getting into a stance once again.

"We can't have runners from the influence." Exodus explained, his horns glowing bright gold.

Shit.

Several bolts of gold light suddenly appeared, flying at him with lightning speed.

He dodged the first two. Letting them explode on the ground, sending rock and ashy soil flying.

But he wasn't so lucky with the next three. One hit his wing, another hit his chest, and the last one connected with his chest. Sending currents of energy coursing through him, making him roar in pain as he was launched into a nearby boulder.