Sister Sands

Heh, words that begin with the same letter are fun to say....

Interesting. A library with such knowledge like this, how did they accumulate it all? They had books from Pantela, scrolls and records from this continent, as well as literature from The Sun Kingdom. How intriguing it was that this place managed to get scrolls and books from there, and be able to share them with this place.

It's like a hodge-podge of cultures...interesting.

He thought as he read over a history scroll of Phyrria. At least, the tribes that is. Trying to read thousands of years worth of history of a continent didn't tickle his fancy very well. But the tribes, the tribes interested him a little more than he suspected. Especially the hatred of these "Icewings" and nightwings.

Moonstars face flashed through his mind. Her calm smile, and intelligent green eyes. He wondered if most nightwings were like her.

Besides the raging volcano. I doubt they would be as healthy as her. Especially with how dry and dead it is.

To wonder why they would live in such a violent and desolate area was beyond him. Did something chase them away? Or was it...someone?

"Trying to figure out which tribe you want to fuck next?" Sandwraiths maliced voice broke through the silence.

"Yes in fact. And I was thinking I might go after a skywing. Or maybe another sandwing." He shot back sarcastically, shaking his head before returning his attention to the scroll that yearned for his eyes to read its inky words, enticing an irritated growl from said sandwing.

"You really do have a death wish don't you. You don't care about nothing." She growled, stalking around his with tapping claws. The sail on her back waving back and forth with every twitch of her muscles.

"Death wish, no. It's going to take an act of interstellar proportions to kill me. As for the second part...pretty much. I learned to stop caring years ago. Saved me a lot of trouble." He mused, looking up into her pitch black eyes. He could sense her controlled rage, how she wanted to tear him limb from limb. But why? Did he kill someone close to her?

Strange. I haven't done any jobs here yet. Unless she was related to any of those scumbags in that sand pit of a Scorpion den.

Brushing off any thought of it, he returned back to his scroll. Tracing his claws over the parchment, the candles and torches giving just enough light to read without strain.

"So why do you do it then?" Sandwraith interrupted again. Can't she go read or something? Go distract herself for a couple of hours while he drank up the knowledge in here.

"Do what?" He growled irritability.

She shrugged. "The killing, the lying, hunting down dragons and sleeping with any 'ness that you want." She numbered off, strutting around before plopping down on the other side of the small table he was using.

"Money, money, money, and pleasure." He named off nonchalantly. He enjoyed the anger that Sandwraith gave him. Her tissy fits were quite cute if he should be honest, giving little huffs or growls.

"You are so shallow. You know that?" She shot, her claws digging into the thick oak wood, baring her teeth at his armored face.

"I am only as shallow as you are willing to see my tissy fit dear. But I can be deep too." He winked teasingly, sitting back on his haunches as he watched the cogs in her head mentally churn.

"You disgust me. You know that?" Sandwraith irked, jabbing a claw into his chest. The small tink that came off left an amused smirk on Riplashs face. Oh yes. She definitely was a fire card. Though her constant negativity was getting quite annoying, he would love to turn that around. Oh how he would too.