Malice Rips the Soul

I have no clue when this'll come out. Do enjoy.

What is going on today?

Countless blobs of red, orange, and yellow scales darted across the halls of the palace, getting their affairs in order in a seemingly rushed manner. The endless amounts of dragons flying outside unnerved Riplash.

Was there some new piece in the plan?

What bullshit was going down now?

"Hey." He grabbed a small skywing, earning a yelp from the smaller red body. "What is going on?" He demanded.

"U-um. The arena fights are today!" She tried to scramble out of his grip. "We all want to go watch the fights, so we are getting our assignments done early. The fights start just before the sun is at its highest!" She squeaked, rushing back into the crowd of bodies when she was released.

"Arena fights... interesting." He mumbled. Looking back and forth through the crowds, he stood above.

So all the dragons will be in the arena... at least most of them... perfect.

With a nice and empty palace, catching that Tracker Jackel would make it much simpler. Less bodies to sift through

"There you are, bounty hunter." Her shrill voice rang through his hears.

"Scarlet." He tipped his head in a semi bow, his eyes raking over her as she strutted closer. Supported by two guards who tailed behind the Skywing queen.

"I must say. A week here and still nothing? I'm starting to wonder what you are really here for." Her eyes gleamed in sadistic annoyance. Scarlets' voice laced with venom upon every word.

"Things take time, your majesty -"

"Don't play with me, bounty hunter. You know the consequences of those actions!" Interrupting him with a snarl, baring her teeth.

"I am well aware of what you might do to me. But I am on the climax of this hunt, and I can assure you that your majesty." Riplash assured her calmly, his steely gaze conflicting with hers of venom.

"No matter now." She brushed off his gaze. "I've got work to deal with before today's arean fights. How thrilling, right?" Her red scales gleamed in fresh polish, no matter the rest of her work involved making herself look as best she could.

"Yes, yes, your majesty. And you still need to introduce me to my new position, remember!" A rosey red skywing exclaimed. Her flamboyant smile flashed rows of polished teeth.

Her.

It was the skywing he had Falcon watch. Her same baby blue eyes stared him up and down. Studying his posture before hiding a smirk from Scarlet.

"Indeed so Quartz. But you forget. I'm Queen. I do whatever I want. For however long I want." She growled, baring her teeth at the skywing.

"Y-yes, your majesty! I apologize for my excitement." She bowed her head in submission. Her rosey red scales shadowed out by the queen.

"Yes. Control yourself more." Scarlet commanded, looking back up at Riplash.

"As for you." She straightened her posture. "I want to start seeing some results." She commanded. "One body I failed to be informed about is not enough! I need names, and I need evidence." She growled. Behind her, Quartz stiffened at the mention of the body he discovered.

Gotcha.

"As you wish, Queen Scarlet." He bowed. To get more time would be lovely. To explain to her that he has a plan would be exceptional. But with his target right next to the physcotic queen, he can't risk raising any more suspicion from the Tracker Jackel.