Chapter Three: Dragonslayer

Liurnia of the Lakes

Y/N's POV

After Melina begged me to stop my dragon obsession, I decided not to go to Stormveil Castle and do the exact opposite. To be very honest, I don't think I feel like myself anymore because of my hunger for dragon hearts. Maybe it won't be so bad as a Magma Wyrm in the future.

Anyways, after buying more arrows from Kalé and using the dragon incantations on more enemies that I got from Caelid, which felt somehow addictive and overpowered, I found a dank, murky swamp called Liurnia of the Lakes, because of the map I picked up. Also another one near another mini-obelisk like in Limgrave, Dragonbarrow after killing Greyoll, and Caelid when I was receiving my dragon incantations. This seemed to be very mysterious, as well as creepy. From scary and ugly humanoids, creepy horses, crayfish and crabs, grey creatures, multi-legged monstrosities, and to other annoying enemies, this place seems to be a lot more worse than Caelid, in my opinion.

While exploring this mysterious swamp with Torrent, a faint, female voice was coming from the distance.

???: Hello... Hello...

I was looking around to see where it was coming from, and the voice came from a blonde girl wearing a green dress. She was in a small, stone building.

 She was in a small, stone building

Girl: Please... Over here...

Y/N: I'm coming.

Without hesitation, I rode my steed towards the girl. I dismounted off of Torrent and went to this girl.

Y/N: Hello, young lady.

Girl: Hello there, Tarnished. It's rather chilly here, isn't it?

Y/N: Yeah, I can't disagree with that.

Girl: My mistress sent me off on an errand... But I was accosted by a ruffian, and now I'm in a bind. Could I ask you lend a hand, perhaps? That thug made off with a precious necklace. I need someone to retrieve it. Only... He, to, is Tarnished. If you've any qualms confronting your own, I shall find another...

Y/N: I mean, sure. I'll listen. I'm not busy or anything.

Girl: Oh, thank you dearly. It's a blessing we've met like this. The thug should be resting at an abandoned home down the way... Please, I must have the necklace back.

Y/N: Don't worry, ma'am. I'll teach this thug a thing or two.

I left her and summoned Torrent to find this thug. While exploring the swamp, there was an abandoned shack, and I could smell something great over there.

Y/N: Hm, I wonder what that smell is.

I rode my steed towards the scent and arrived at the abandoned shack. There was a guy wearing a metal mask, who appeared to be cooking something.

 There was a guy wearing a metal mask, who appeared to be cooking something