Chapter Thirteen: The Golden Lands

Y/N's POV

After telling the girls about my discovery, we were now ascending up a lift. This lift was the only way that could take us to the Altus Plateau. All of us were standing in silence. Rennala decided to bring her egg after discovering Ranni was now gone, and was still on Leonard. Her amber egg was now in Torrent's bag, so Rennala would still be able to ride Leonard.

Rennala: Sorry for your loss, Y/N.

Millicent: She never deserved that kind of fate.

Y/N: What matters is that preceptor is dead. He won't bother us anymore. We'll pick up some Starlight Shards if there's any.

Nepheli: What's the reason why he wanted to see me?

Y/N: Probably transform you into a puppet. Rennala has a potion that could probably kill you instantly!

Rennala: It's true, Nepheli. Nowadays, I don't think I can really trust any more sorcerers, because they might be up to no good. Like Sellen, or maybe Gideon Ofnir, even though he isn't really a sorcerer.

Melina: Who's Sellen?

Y/N: She was a glintstone sorcerer that we met in Limgrave. I believe she and Rennala have some sort of relationship.

Rennala: She once used to be one of my students of Raya Lucaria, until I expelled her for performing forbidden sorceries.

Millicent: When you mean by forbidden, what was it like?

Rennala: These sorceries were like beyond glintstone. More powerful and deadly.

We arrived at the surface. The place that we arrived in had golden lands, with beautiful trees, many carriages, and a massive lake.

Altus Plateau

All of us stepped off the lift.

Melina: We finally made it. This is the Altus Plateau.

Y/N: Someone told me that she would be here to take me to the Volcano Manor, but apparently, she's not.

Rennala: Did you say the Volcano Manor?

Y/N: I did. Why?

Rennala: That's where my other son is: Praetor Rykard. I wonder how he's doing.

Y/N: Well don't fret. I will not kill him like I did with Radahn. After seeing him, will you return to your school?

Rennala: I don't know yet.

Y/N: Okay. We'll know for sure once we get there, but... *Yawns* We must keep going to find Millicent a prosthetic arm.

Nepheli: Y/N, did you get any rest?

Y/N: No, but I can still keep going.

Millicent: You should probably get some rest somewhere. It isn't healthy to not get any. Oh, there's a site of grace there.

She points at a site of grace that was close to a carriage. I walked towards it and touched it. The girls followed from behind.

Rennala: Maybe we can stop here for a while. We'll be on lookout for any foes.

Y/N: No, I refuse to sleep until we get Millicent a prosthetic arm!

Millicent: It's all right, you know. I can wait.

Y/N: I'm going to the lake to see if the burn mark on my face is really gone.