Chapter Twenty-One: The Azure Dragon

Y/N's POV

As I flew throughout the sky and above the clouds, I was spectating the lands below. It was quite peaceful while flying. Even though I am now a true dragon, it was still peaceful to look over the beautiful night. My plan now was to meet Miriel to give him the prayerbook Morgott gave me, just to give him some love. After seeing the swamps of Liurnia, especially Raya Lucaria, I knew that I had to be close.

Y/N: (Miriel, where are you?)

When flying over the swamp, I saw the church sitting on top of a hill, with the tortoise sleeping peacefully in the empty church. I knew that I couldn't approach him in this form, so after some time of calming down, I was inside of the barrier of azure lightning and wind, which shrunk afterwards, but I came out as the dragon Tarnished when it was broken. I descended in front of the church and walked inside towards Miriel.

Y/N: *Whispers* Umm, Miriel, are you awake?

Apparently, the tortoise was sleeping like a rock. Maybe it wasn't the best time to wake him up.

Y/N: (Might as well return another time.)

I turned back to the entrance to leave, until I heard some footsteps coming from behind. By looking over my shoulder, there was a knight that was covered in briars, also holding a massive blade.

 By looking over my shoulder, there was a knight that was covered in briars, also holding a massive blade

Y/N: (Damn it.)

I looked back at the knight, who used dark magic to swing his sword at me without even touching it, but I leapt back in time and dodged it. The sword returned back to him and marched closer to me. He then attempted to go forward to push me, but when I moved out of the way, I kicked him into a pillar. Although, I did fear that I would awake Miriel.

Y/N: *Whispers* Dude, quit being so loud!

The knight did not listen and instead swings his sword around him, trying to hit me with it, but misses. He gets back up to charge forward, slamming his shield on the ground, but after he misses again after I dodged him, he uses his magic to lift up the sword.

Y/N: (What's this guy doing?)

He thrusts his sword forward at me, which spiraled for a few seconds, making me back away from him.

Y/N: Woah!

When the sword returned to the knight's hand, I decided to finish this fight by flinging him into the air and did a combo to him with my claws. After slamming him onto the ground with my tail, he disappeared into red smoke after his defeat. I landed down onto the ground, retrieving the Meat Peddler's Bell Bearing.

Y/N: A bell bearing for meats? Interesting.

Miriel: Tarnished, is that you?

I didn't realize that I woke up Miriel after I killed the knight. I looked at him to see the tortoise wide awake, but he sounded tired.