⚡️ Chapter 12 ⚡️

It was hard for Vega to sleep that night, and it was only about an hour or so later that she found herself awake once again. She tossed and turned in the bunkbed but gave up when she realised that it would only disturb Ginny above. She got out of the bed, holding onto her wand and out the tent.

The sun hadn't appeared above the horizon but the sky was already turning a grey blue colour, and Vega could see the residual stars in the skies. However, her attention was on the scene around her.

Many people were already packing up and leaving, and many seemed to have left in the night itself.

Of course, Vega understood – people were concerned for their families. She was sure that Mr. Weasley would be waking them up in an hour or so, and deciding to wait until then, Vega sat down.

No one really noticed her, mainly because it was dark, and because Vega had sat down next to the tent's flap, allowing it to hide her away from any attention. She held onto her coat to keep her warm and allowed her mind to wander off to who possibly could be the culprit behind the Dark Mark.

There was a possibility that Peter Pettigrew had reached Voldemort in the forests of Albania, but Vega wasn't sure if he had any method of bringing Voldemort back – unless it was some Dark Magic.

And if it wasn't Pettigrew, then who was it that had gone that far and created that in front of them.

It was very important for Vega to go back home and write to Dora about how someone had tried to take her wand at the stands, and also the place where Harry most likely got his own wand stolen.

But would it do any good? Would someone believe in her word? She was hesitant – if she hadn't been so aware of her surroundings, she could be very well be on her way to the Ministry of Magic for a shoddy trial before being shipped off to Azkaban. It sent a cold shiver down her spine.

"Vega?"

The sudden voice made Vega jump slightly and she looked over her shoulder to see Fred ducking out of the tent. She watched him as he stretched his limbs and yawned as he reached next to her.

"What are you doing up already, Fred?" Vega said as he sat down next to her, close enough for their shoulders to lightly brush against each other. "We're not supposed to wake up until an hour later,"

"I could ask you the same thing," Fred replied, smiling down at her and Vega returned it with a weaker one of her own. "Are you okay? Did you have a nightmare? Or did Charlie's snores get you?"

"No... I just can't sleep," Vega answered, unsure. She glanced at him, hesitating and then muttering, "Last night... It was Crouch and the others who had found us in the woods. And they thought... that it was I who had used that spell – and now, I'm just wonder if I'm that bad of a person, you know..."

"You're not a bad person – you're the last person I would ever expect to hurt someone," Fred said after a brief pause. "You wouldn't even hurt a single fly. You're crazily nice – in fact, I wish you would be a bit firmer with people. You let people walk over yourself just because you're so nice,"

"Do you really think so?" Vega asked in a quiet voice, her cheeks turning pink under in the dark as she looked toward him, meeting his bright brown eyes. She hadn't expected him to say all that.

"I know that," Fred replied. "I can bet all my savings on that – and you know I'm never wrong," Vega chuckled and shook her head at him. "Hey, don't be so aloof, don't you think I'm never wrong?"

"Well, you told me to be firmer with people," Vega teased back, smiling at him. "I'm just doing that now," She reached over to gently pull at his cheek.