⚡️ Chapter 33 ⚡️

Once Vega and Harry were done with their dinner, they gathered their things and made their way out of the Great Hall and into the Entrance Hall, ignoring the badges that where being leered at them. Vega parted from Harry by the marble staircase as she was heading to the Hospital Wing to visit Hermione and he was heading to the Gryffindor common room to work his Summoning Charm.

The Hospital Wing was empty aside from Hermione and Goyle, who were sitting on different corners of the wing. Goyle looked at the food that Vega had brought for her best friend with envy but she just walked past him and to Hermione, putting the dinner down onto the table next to her bed.

"How are you doing now?" Vega asked as she sat down on the edge of Hermione's bed, looking over at her. "Are you feeling well? How are your teeth? Can you speak?"

"Look at my teeth, Vega!" Hermione said in a hushed voice and Vega peered at her to see that the brunette's previously large front teeth had all turned straight. "What do you think?"

"What did you do?" Vega inquired. "I mean, yes, it looks good but what did you do?" She narrowed her grey eyes at the girl. "You didn't do something... strange, did you?"

"Oh, no!" Hermione replied, seeming to enjoy this. "Madam Pomfrey held a mirror up and told me to stop her from fixing my teeth when they were back to how they normally were..."

"... and you let her carry on a bit longer, huh?" Vega said and Hermione nodded mischievously. "That's not bad – but what would your Mum and Dad think about this? Aren't they dentists?"

"I don't think they would be too pleased," Hermione admitted. "But I've been trying to persuade them to let me shrink them for such a long time! I don't think I can carry on with braces,"

"I understand, and I'm glad you're happy," Vega replied. "Are you free to go back tonight?"

"No, I expect she wants me to stick around until later," Hermione said. "Something about the spell messes up at times – I'll be back to sleep, though... did we get any Potions homework?"

"I'm sure we did," Vega answered. "Harry and I were called out for the Wand Weighing ceremony – and some photographs. Our wands are in perfect condition, and it'll be in the news soon,"

"In the Daily Prophet?" Hermione asked, and Vega nodded. "Did you talk to reporters?"

"Reporter – it was Rita Skeeter," Vega replied distastefully. "I didn't talk to her, but she forced Harry to do so," She sighed. "It isn't going to be very pleasant; I can tell you that,"

Vega and Hermione talked about the Wand Weighing and discussed just what kind of person Rita Skeeter was before it was time for Vega to go. She bid her goodbye to the brunette, told her to come around to the common room safely later and left the Hospital Wing off to the Entrance Hall.

There were still people leaving the Great Hall after their dinner, and Vega just hurried past them when she saw the colour yellow, knowing that the Hufflepuffs were making their way out.

For the first time, Vega was actually very grateful that the common rooms were far from each other.

"Hey, Vega!"

That excited voice was one that Vega wanted to hear and she looked over her shoulder to see that Fred was striding up the marble staircase. She stopped to let him reach her, smiling widely at him.

"Fred," Vega said once he reached her, and the two of them started to climb the stairs together to their common room. "Were you still having dinner? I thought you left earlier,"

"I heard Bagman was around," Fred replied, but then he suddenly changed the topic. "Is it true that you guys got your photos taken today?" Vega looked at him. "Ron was grumbling about it,"